Sign in to follow this  
King of 94' WI

King of '94 -WI Presents, A Fleury of Goals, an NHL94 tournament for SNES and Genesis!

What : NHL 94 tournament for both SNES and Genesis

Where : Edge VR Arcade in Green Bay, WI 2642 Packerland Drive Suite 1, Green Bay, WI 54313

When : February 24th, 2018

Cost : $30 for Adults $10, includes automatic entry into both SNES and Genesis tournaments, one will precede the other.  Please send payment via Paypal when RSVPing for the event to trojan1979@gmail.com, stating who you are paying for.   Adults are also given a voucher for VR time at the venue.  Additional time may be purchased while present.

Users may RSVP at this Facebook event page.  You are considered signed up once you have sent in your payment, again $30 for adults, $10 for kids to trojan1979@gmail.com

http://tinyurl.com/NHL94WI

Format : Group play will precede bracket play, first SNES, then Genesis.  There is an initial 32 player cap for this tournament.  If we receive additional interest and have taken in payment, we will take measures to increase the tournament size.

Rules : Stay Tuned, Genesis rules will remain unchanged from prior King of 94 WI tournaments, SNES rules still unconfirmed.  Players are permitted to bring their own OEM controllers.  All other equipment is provided by us, however we could use your help(see down below)

Payout : 100% of money taken in from child entries will be paid out, 50% to each bracket.  For each $30 entry, $10 goes to the SNES bracket, $10 to the Genesis bracket, and $10 to the venue for hosting us and providing the VR experience.  An approximate 60/30/10 split payout will be for each bracket to 1st/2nd/3rd place.

Hotel Accommodations :There are multiple locations within 2 minutes driving distance, including one that can be walked to from the venue.  We are working on setting up a group rate and will update this thread when we have it.  We are about 3 minutes from the Airport in Green Bay.

What types of systems are used for this? : All Genesis systems and controllers are OEM.  All screens used are CRT, which means no input lag.  SNES are a mix of 1st gen, model 2, and NOAC clone units.  All controllers are either OEM or Cirka brand clones, which work very well. 

Will this be streamed? : Yes, unless otherwise stated you can follow the action on twitch.  Please favorite www.twitch.tv/trojan1979 

Can I dress up in hockey attire? : Yes, you will basically be put in the sin bin if you don't get into character.

How can I help the tournament organizers? : In addition to making an early commitment to attend, we ask that you share the existence of this tournament, early and often, on all forms of social media.  Make plans to travel with friends, and make this a destination.  We are also in need of some additional SNES systems.  At this time, we own about 12 Genesis systems, but only 3 or 4 SNES systems.  Anyone willing to bring an SNES setup would be of great help.  That would include, a console, composite hookups, two controllers, and game copy.

Edited by King of 94' WI
  • Like 2

Reserved for paid attendee list

1)Trojan(organizer)

2)Lil Trojan(son of Trojan)

3)Virtual Reale(venue staff)

4)Shonky(venue staff)

Edited by King of 94' WI

19 hours ago, aqualizard said:

Awesome!! I added a short listing of this to http://nhl94.com/events with a link to this thread.

Thanks Aqua!  We are ready for the SNES community to add to the fun of all of this.  Build it and they will come as they say.  We are building it, time for the community to make the journey!  :)

• Like 1

I am strongly considering attending, will try to nail this down by the end of the month.  If I go, I can also bring a console.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingraph said:

I am strongly considering attending, will try to nail this down by the end of the month.  If I go, I can also bring a console.

Once you commit, the rest of the guys will buy in.  Hopefully this happens.  Go buds go!  :)

I've been both of Troy's tournaments and have enjoyed myself throughly each time. The setup is always great, the organization is on point, and the production value is high. Troy always makes sure everyone is taken care of and I highly recommend attending his events.

I plan on being there and playing in both tournaments. The NHL 94 is great and the side games are always something to behold. Tecmo super bowl, street fighter 2, and mortal Kombat 1 & 2 are popular side games. If you play Troy in any of those titles, bring your A+ game or prepare to take a beating. 

Looking forward to seeing the great lakes buds again.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, angryjay93 said:

I've been both of Troy's tournaments and have enjoyed myself throughly each time. The setup is always great, the organization is on point, and the production value is high. Troy always makes sure everyone is taken care of and I highly recommend attending his events.

I plan on being there and playing in both tournaments. The NHL 94 is great and the side games are always something to behold. Tecmo super bowl, street fighter 2, and mortal Kombat 1 & 2 are popular side games. If you play Troy in any of those titles, bring your A+ game or prepare to take a beating. 

Looking forward to seeing the great lakes buds again.

Just to reinforce something that has been somewhat confusing.  Everyone is automatically entered into both tournaments.  If you go, you are expected to participate in both.  The prize $$ is split evenly between both.  If you are a Genesis guy, you can still mash buttons on an SNES and keep your pride.  I'm at best a B level guy on Genesis, and I'm even worse on SNES.  That being said, there should be varying levels of competition across the board for both tournaments.

Also if you are able to beat me in Mortal Kombat, I will allow you to cross check me into the building, as long as you drive me to the hospital.

I wanted to give some insight to the company that is behind the VR Arcade, our venue.  This is what they bring to their passion.