Sign in to follow this  
CoachMac

Merry Christmas to me? Maybe?

Recommended Posts

Wow, pretty sweet design! Here are the pics as that eBay listing won't keep it forever.  He's asking $1,300 + $150 shipping, which seems like a lot to me.  One real bummer here is the single controller setup.  This should have 2 for the ultimate trash talking experience!  

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingraph said:

Wow, pretty sweet design! Here are the pics as that eBay listing won't keep it forever.  He's asking $1,300 + $150 shipping, which seems like a lot to me.  One real bummer here is the single controller setup.  This should have 2 for the ultimate trash talking experience! 

100% agree on the controllers.  I think you can use additional controllers if you read about it, but not sure how that would work.

Ultimately you need 4 and 2v2.  Still think about us in that Vegas lobby and wish we had played more 2v2 on Friday or whenever.
I am getting 2v2 set up running here locally.

I think I can hook a couple locals with 2v2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This machine includes: 

 

• High quality Arcade artwork

• Happ arcade joysticks and Happ micro-switch arcade buttons (1 or 2 player control panel setup)

• 19 inch LCD screen w/remote control

• Fluorescent marquee/header with translite sign

• Two additional wireless controllers w/receivers and one wired controller (for the ability to play 3-4 player games)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CoachMac said:

100% agree on the controllers.  I think you can use additional controllers if you read about it, but not sure how that would work.

Ultimately you need 4 and 2v2.  Still think about us in that Vegas lobby and wish we had played more 2v2 on Friday or whenever.
I am getting 2v2 set up running here locally.

I think I can hook a couple locals with 2v2.

Someone caught the 2v2 bug!  :lol:

I've said it before, but I enjoy 2v2 the most out of any '94 game/league/ROM.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingraph said:

Someone caught the 2v2 bug!  :lol:

I've said it before, but I enjoy 2v2 the most out of any '94 game/league/ROM.

Is anyone else thinking King of 2on2 2018?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, smozoma said:

Is anyone else thinking King of 2on2 2018?

I was hoping you could come over to my place this weekend.:big_smile:

But yeah, I need more of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could easily be made with some woodworking skills and $200. Most expensive thing would be the monitor.

I'm just too lazy to do it and would probably pay someone $600 lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now hold on a sec, haven't we seen this before?  Someone posted a a thread with either the same or a very similar looking DIY project?  Had lots of photos and an explanation behind it?  Someone here even said "how much do you want for it" and they said they weren't selling?  Can't remember where that thread is...

Regarding price, I think it is worth the $$$.  If a craftsman puts their heart and soul into making a masterpiece, they deserve generous compensation. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, aqualizard said:

Now hold on a sec, haven't we seen this before?  Someone posted a a thread with either the same or a very similar looking DIY project?  Had lots of photos and an explanation behind it?  Someone here even said "how much do you want for it" and they said they weren't selling?  Can't remember where that thread is...

Regarding price, I think it is worth the $$$.  If a craftsman puts their heart and soul into making a masterpiece, they deserve generous compensation. :)

It was @Bil, who is also part of the RetroWorldExpo in Hartford, CT.  See his work here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/17914-my-nhl-94-themes-tabletop-arcade-project/&tab=comments#comment-165326

I think he brought it to the Expo , but I forgot to look for it/ask!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@chaos, $200 has to be too low, no?  The controller, Raspberry PI (or whatever) computer, monitor, wood, printing, laminate, plastic has to be more.  They probably have pre-built cabinets so you can avoid all the wood cutting.  It would be fun to price it out actually.  And how many days of work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, kingraph said:

@chaos, $200 has to be too low, no?  The controller, Raspberry PI (or whatever) computer, monitor, wood, printing, laminate, plastic has to be more.  They probably have pre-built cabinets so you can avoid all the wood cutting.  It would be fun to price it out actually.  And how many days of work.  

 

Looked into it a little more. Apparently using a small LCD monitor works well with the RPi since the RetroArch emulator has good shaders to give you that authentic CRT feel.

 

Retro Built Games - $370 for the full kit, prob $60 for RetroPi.  That looks really nice, too!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Sanwa and Suzo-Happ joystick and buttons are the best to have too. I built a joystick for my Xbox360 using tupperware, a used third-party wired controller from GameStop, but spent $60 on Sanwa joystick and buttons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this