NHL'94 Forums

Merry Christmas to me? Maybe?

CoachMac

Wow, pretty sweet design! Here are the pics as that eBay listing won't keep it forever.  He's asking $1,300 + $150 shipping, which seems like a lot to me.  One real bummer here is the single controller setup.  This should have 2 for the ultimate trash talking experience!  

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingraph said:

Wow, pretty sweet design! Here are the pics as that eBay listing won't keep it forever.  He's asking $1,300 + $150 shipping, which seems like a lot to me.  One real bummer here is the single controller setup.  This should have 2 for the ultimate trash talking experience! 

100% agree on the controllers.  I think you can use additional controllers if you read about it, but not sure how that would work.

Ultimately you need 4 and 2v2.  Still think about us in that Vegas lobby and wish we had played more 2v2 on Friday or whenever.
I am getting 2v2 set up running here locally.

I think I can hook a couple locals with 2v2.

• Like 1

This machine includes: 

• High quality Arcade artwork

• Happ arcade joysticks and Happ micro-switch arcade buttons (1 or 2 player control panel setup)

• 19 inch LCD screen w/remote control

• Fluorescent marquee/header with translite sign

• Two additional wireless controllers w/receivers and one wired controller (for the ability to play 3-4 player games)

38 minutes ago, CoachMac said:

100% agree on the controllers.  I think you can use additional controllers if you read about it, but not sure how that would work.

Ultimately you need 4 and 2v2.  Still think about us in that Vegas lobby and wish we had played more 2v2 on Friday or whenever.
I am getting 2v2 set up running here locally.

I think I can hook a couple locals with 2v2.

Someone caught the 2v2 bug!  :lol:

I've said it before, but I enjoy 2v2 the most out of any '94 game/league/ROM.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingraph said:

Someone caught the 2v2 bug!  :lol:

I've said it before, but I enjoy 2v2 the most out of any '94 game/league/ROM.

Is anyone else thinking King of 2on2 2018?

Now hold on a sec, haven't we seen this before?  Someone posted a a thread with either the same or a very similar looking DIY project?  Had lots of photos and an explanation behind it?  Someone here even said "how much do you want for it" and they said they weren't selling?  Can't remember where that thread is...

Regarding price, I think it is worth the $$$.  If a craftsman puts their heart and soul into making a masterpiece, they deserve generous compensation. :)

25 minutes ago, aqualizard said:

Now hold on a sec, haven't we seen this before?  Someone posted a a thread with either the same or a very similar looking DIY project?  Had lots of photos and an explanation behind it?  Someone here even said "how much do you want for it" and they said they weren't selling?  Can't remember where that thread is...

Regarding price, I think it is worth the $$$.  If a craftsman puts their heart and soul into making a masterpiece, they deserve generous compensation. :)

It was @Bil, who is also part of the RetroWorldExpo in Hartford, CT.  See his work here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/17914-my-nhl-94-themes-tabletop-arcade-project/&tab=comments#comment-165326

I think he brought it to the Expo , but I forgot to look for it/ask!

@chaos, $200 has to be too low, no?  The controller, Raspberry PI (or whatever) computer, monitor, wood, printing, laminate, plastic has to be more.  They probably have pre-built cabinets so you can avoid all the wood cutting.  It would be fun to price it out actually.  And how many days of work.  

55 minutes ago, kingraph said:

@chaos, $200 has to be too low, no?  The controller, Raspberry PI (or whatever) computer, monitor, wood, printing, laminate, plastic has to be more.  They probably have pre-built cabinets so you can avoid all the wood cutting.  It would be fun to price it out actually.  And how many days of work.  

Looked into it a little more. Apparently using a small LCD monitor works well with the RPi since the RetroArch emulator has good shaders to give you that authentic CRT feel.

Retro Built Games - $370 for the full kit, prob $60 for RetroPi.  That looks really nice, too!

• Like 1

And Sanwa and Suzo-Happ joystick and buttons are the best to have too. I built a joystick for my Xbox360 using tupperware, a used third-party wired controller from GameStop, but spent $60 on Sanwa joystick and buttons.

• Like 1