NHL'94 Forums

Retaining A Guys

aqualizard

EDIT If you see a  ?  below, and know the reason, plz let me know.

-------

This Fall Classic is thick for Bs (many new guys -- hurray!) but thin for As.

Why are A guys leaving?  What can we do to retain them?

For Plabax and Uncle Seth, they left because they got frustrated with the "Slacker Mentality".  I get it.  Also, for a good percentage, life just gets in the way, and priorities change.  I get that, too.

Here is a list of A guys from a year ago, and when I knew, I stuck the reason they aren't playig regularly.  (I will add more guys as I think of them...)

PLAYER REASON
FPB busy
Brutus still here / busy
AngryJay busy
Kingraph still here
tomkabs moved
JV ?
hokkeefan ?
zeppelin still here
Plabax fed up with slackers
Tex still here
Uncle Seth fed up with slackers
Depch laggy
donnybrook ?
Icestorm still here
vocallycaged bored
swos had kid
Zalex bored
Carse bored
EA ?
kgman ?
smozoma got old
Evan ?

Edit: Added more A guys from the past...

Edited by aqualizard

I was never too into classic, and only played a couple seasons of GDL. I played Blitz, but eventually... just got tired of it, and didn't have the motivation for playing the game online any more. I guess I just got old. My ability to concentrate on hacking the game and working on the website disappeared, too.

1 hour ago, smozoma said:

I was never too into classic, and only played a couple seasons of GDL. I played Blitz, but eventually... just got tired of it, and didn't have the motivation for playing the game online any more. I guess I just got old. My ability to concentrate on hacking the game and working on the website disappeared, too.

Also I was a weird place where I was too good for B, but not good enough for A, so it was either play unfairly in B (won Fall Classic 2011 B with Toronto.. I guess I could have tried with worse teams) or always miss the playoffs in A.

13 minutes ago, smozoma said:

Also I was a weird place where I was too good for B, but not good enough for A, so it was either play unfairly in B (won Fall Classic 2011 B with Toronto.. I guess I could have tried with worse teams) or always miss the playoffs in A.

Hey that's about where I am except I'm not too good for everyone in B.

21 minutes ago, TomKabs93 said:

Yeah. Moved back to my parents basement in the middle of nowhere

Boooooooo wire up and your connection will be more then fine!  I'm more then fine playing vs you on your wifi.