NHL'94 Forums

IIHF 94

mitch13

Hello everybody,

I'm working again on an old rom I edited alongside saw-slapshot67, called "IIHF 94".

Actually it's a rom about the 1993 World Championship, including all national teams which participated, as well as some historical national teams.

Thanks to the EARE program, I was able to put some photos of original NHL 94 players like Tikkanen, Lindros, Yushkevich, Soderstrom, Weight, etc. The photos on the player cards are maybe useless for many of you, but I love them.

My question: how can I control the number of player's photos? Some teams show only the photos of the starting five players, other teams have like ten photos. I'm not an expert in editing, so any help would be welcomed.

Thanks for your replies.

40 minutes ago, mitch13 said:

Hello everybody,

I'm working again on an old rom I edited alongside saw-slapshot67, called "IIHF 94".

Actually it's a rom about the 1993 World Championship, including all national teams which participated, as well as some historical national teams.

Thanks to the EARE program, I was able to put some photos of original NHL 94 players like Tikkanen, Lindros, Yushkevich, Soderstrom, Weight, etc. The photos on the player cards are maybe useless for many of you, but I love them.

My question: how can I control the number of player's photos? Some teams show only the photos of the starting five players, other teams have like ten photos. I'm not an expert in editing, so any help would be welcomed.

Thanks for your replies.

Hey Mitch,

Your rom sounds cool, looking forward to seeing it.
You are not alone in :red_heart:player cards.
If you have seen any of KingRaph's or my roms you will find some really nice ones.

To answer your question if you are using EARE, all you will be able to do is the NLC starters pictures.

If am sure KingRaph will respond here and he can explain how to get more than those 6 to show.
I have never been able to successfully accomplish it, so I just go with the 6 guys on NLC.

As Coach says, with EARE you only get the NLC starters. This was done because it was easier to program EARE this way (I made EARE..)

I think a couple teams may get extra players because they had extra card slots in the original ROM, but I'm not sure about that. (PIT had a few extras I think)

Thank you Coach and Smozoma.

Of course Coach, I know your roms already, and love them for a long time. I hope I've got all of them over the years, I tried to, at least.

Anyway, here is my rom, IIHF 94. Please note again that saw-slapshot helped me years ago for many aspects. Credits go to him as well.

This version is more accurate, including some photos and better rosters. 

IIHF 94_photos.bin

Edited by mitch13

On 11/10/2017 at 8:47 PM, kingraph said:

Acknowledging this and I'll write up a new separate thread on player cards (which just walks through wboys tutorial in detail) soon.  You'll be able to get 26 (I think) cards for each team. 

I made a comment on the original thread here that should help:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/216-how-to-player-card-tutorial-nhl94-nhl95/&do=findComment&comment=169968