Sign in to follow this  
LABS_66

2000 GOAL CLUB

Last night I became the 21st player to reach the 2000 goal club. Very honored to be a part of a distinct group.......3000 I am coming to get you!

How do you check this? Can you share your link to your own? 

Congrats! :)

Today I learned that I have a winning record in OT games!

I'm starting to believe home ice is important :lol:

homeaway.png

• Haha 1

Nice!

I'm on the verge of becoming only the 2nd person to give up 4000 goals scored, can't wait to join this prestigious club!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, kingraph said:

I'm starting to believe home ice is important :lol:

homeaway.png

I think people prefer to attack going UP as opposed to DOWN. The home team spends two thirds of the game going UP.

6 hours ago, Premium said:

I think people prefer to attack going UP as opposed to DOWN. The home team spends two thirds of the game going UP.

But I prefer shooting down?

That's definitely a factor, but the fact that over time home teams have a better record, and @smozoma's amazing analysis, there is something to home ice advantage.  

2 hours ago, kingraph said:

That's definitely a factor, but the fact that over time home teams have a better record, and @smozoma's amazing analysis, there is something to home ice advantage.  

Yeah, I didn't think there was much question of that.

There are clear advantages and handicaps for the home/away teams depending on the settings. The main thing is that the advantages can boost the AWARENESS and the AGILITY stats, which enhances the ability to position, race to loose pucks, intercept loose pucks, skate quicker and receive passes without bobbling them. My guess is that the handicaps do the opposite.

• Like 1

how about bringing OT to retro league coach!  I'm handicapped without it!

OT overall.PNG

9 minutes ago, IceStorm70 said:

how about bringing OT to retro league coach!  I'm handicapped without it!

OT overall.PNG

Blasphemy!

and it gives you a bump come playoff time!

Seriously, I love ties adds a nice element to the standings regular season strategy and makes playoff OT so much more meaningful when it wasn't around all season.

PS, you have some wicked nice stats there Ice!

3 hours ago, kingraph said:

Just an addition to Smoz's analysis.  PRL is proving that 0/0 is the best setting if you do not want H/A advantages.
In Season 2 Home Teams were 43-45-12.
I didn't think i would like eliminating Home Ice, but with the small sample of games (just 2 against each coach for 20 total) it is nice knowing you are not at a disadvantage in either.  My Regular Roms will continue to use H/A advantages but for leagues it is nice to have it eliminated, IMO.