NHL'94 Forums

2000 GOAL CLUB

LABS_66

Last night I became the 21st player to reach the 2000 goal club. Very honored to be a part of a distinct group.......3000 I am coming to get you!

Nice!

I'm on the verge of becoming only the 2nd person to give up 4000 goals scored, can't wait to join this prestigious club!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Premium said:

I think people prefer to attack going UP as opposed to DOWN. The home team spends two thirds of the game going UP.

But I prefer shooting down?

That's definitely a factor, but the fact that over time home teams have a better record, and @smozoma's amazing analysis, there is something to home ice advantage.  

2 hours ago, kingraph said:

That's definitely a factor, but the fact that over time home teams have a better record, and @smozoma's amazing analysis, there is something to home ice advantage.  

Yeah, I didn't think there was much question of that.

There are clear advantages and handicaps for the home/away teams depending on the settings. The main thing is that the advantages can boost the AWARENESS and the AGILITY stats, which enhances the ability to position, race to loose pucks, intercept loose pucks, skate quicker and receive passes without bobbling them. My guess is that the handicaps do the opposite.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, IceStorm70 said:

how about bringing OT to retro league coach!  I'm handicapped without it!

OT overall.PNG

Blasphemy!

and it gives you a bump come playoff time!

Seriously, I love ties adds a nice element to the standings regular season strategy and makes playoff OT so much more meaningful when it wasn't around all season.

PS, you have some wicked nice stats there Ice!

3 hours ago, kingraph said:

Just an addition to Smoz's analysis.  PRL is proving that 0/0 is the best setting if you do not want H/A advantages.
In Season 2 Home Teams were 43-45-12.
I didn't think i would like eliminating Home Ice, but with the small sample of games (just 2 against each coach for 20 total) it is nice knowing you are not at a disadvantage in either.  My Regular Roms will continue to use H/A advantages but for leagues it is nice to have it eliminated, IMO.

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2017 at 8:59 AM, kingraph said:

I prefer going down, but according to my home/away record i do better at home.

• Like 1

Tex, you lead the site in GAMES PLAYED by a lot (not including the "old stats"). 

I'm assuming this comes from the addition of Coach's leagues & of Skip's VHL, as I've played in almost all the leagues over the past 5 years except those, and you are way ahead of me in games played , not using "old stats".  (IS THERE A REASON WE CAN'T COMBINE THEM??) @chaos

Both of them use ROMs that I think have some home/away advantages built into them, and I know some of Coach's ROMs used to use exaggerated advantages for being home.  Might explain a better HOME record for a guy who prefers heading down over up.

1 hour ago, Brutus said:

Tex, you lead the site in GAMES PLAYED by a lot (not including the "old stats"). 

I'm assuming this comes from the addition of Coach's leagues & of Skip's VHL, as I've played in almost all the leagues over the past 5 years except those, and you are way ahead of me in games played , not using "old stats".  (IS THERE A REASON WE CAN'T COMBINE THEM??) @chaos

Both of them use ROMs that I think have some home/away advantages built into them, and I know some of Coach's ROMs used to use exaggerated advantages for being home.  Might explain a better HOME record for a guy who prefers heading down over up.

Can I combine them, yes. Is it a ton of work? Yes. There are a few things that complicate it. But it can be done, and I promise I'll work on it.

The one major issue is replacement coaches. I used to not keep track of who played which game. So right now all I have to go by on early seasons is what coach finished the season (this is the issue with separating GENS and SNES stats. Those who are GENS only or SNES only can be updated easily). I forget what season I started keeping track, but it was pretty early on. I'm thinking maybe wiping out all stats from pre-save state leagues and just keep track on post save state leagues (2013 - ).

Fair enough.  Old League Stats is a good enough marker for me.  I wouldn't bother trying to combine them if it's not easy.

Those curious can go look, like I did.  I don't think it's worth actual "WORK", with 90% of them not even active any longer.

6 minutes ago, Brutus said:

Fair enough.  Old League Stats is a good enough marker for me.  I wouldn't bother trying to combine them if it's not easy.

Those curious can go look, like I did.  I don't think it's worth actual "WORK", with 90% of them not even active any longer.

I would like to keep them accurate, it's not a priority right now though. There are other things that need to be done that I'm still dragging my feet on.

2 hours ago, Brutus said:

i guess its pretty even, i am only +10 home over road, maybe advantages make a difference in that too.  playing in both A & B leagues as a replacement coach has helped my GP.  though I also racked up alot of losses trying to play up as a replacement coach earlier on.