NHL'94 Forums

Updated NHL 2018 by Slapshot67 & Skip: V2

skip

Hey guys, attached is an update for me and Slapshot67's 2018 ROM that includes roster moves, some player rating updates, and some player card updates.

All rosters are as accurate as of 12/20/2017.

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

-Skip

Updated ROM with 2017-18 rosters.

-This is a 32-team ROM (updated teams, player cards and graphics by Slapshot67)

-Updated rosters for 2017-18 season (rosters by Skip). Lines were accurate as of 12/20.

-Weight bug is fixed (heavy guys are harder to knock down)

-1 minute penalties (except for injuries = 2 min penalty)

KNOWN BUG: The menu screen will freeze if the player cards begin to cycle for team #31 - Winnipeg.

NOTE: The tourney ROM has continuous OT

Zip folder has excel sheet with all players listed, including the NHL94 HHOF All-Stars roster, and Ratings list for all 32 teams.

NHL18tourneyV2.bin

NHL18skipV2.bin

NHL18skipV2.zip

McDavidScreen.png

MenuScreen.png

CrosbyVsMatthews.png

VGKvPITfaceoff.png

MarioGoal.png

MatthewsGoal.png

• Thanks 1

I just noticed I left off the Kings/Canucks - Dowd for Subban trade from Dec. 8th. I'll add that for next release, sorry about that!

***If anyone notices any other roster issues or errors, please let me know!

Here are some other trades added since the V1 ROM, the biggest being the Duchene/Turris and Vatanen trades: 

DECEMBER 8: Los Angeles Kings acquire defenseman Jordan Subban from Vancouver Canucks for center Nic Dowd

DECEMBER 19: Pittsburgh Penguins acquire defenseman Jamie Oleksiak from the Dallas Stars for conditional fourth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft. 

DECEMBER 19: Arizona Coyotes acquire forward Josh Archibald, goaltender Sean Maguire and a 2019 sixth-round pick from Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for goaltender Michael Leighton and a 2019 fourth-round pick 

DECEMBER 4: Buffalo Sabres acquire forward Scott Wilson from Detroit Red Wings for 5th-round pick in 2019 Draft.

NOVEMBER 30: New Jersey Devils acquire defenseman Sami Vatanen, conditional 3rd-round pick from Anaheim Ducks for forwards Adam Henrique, Joseph Blandisi, 2018 3rd-round pick

NOVEMBER 30: New York Rangers acquire forward Peter Holland from Montreal Canadiens for forward Adam Cracknell

NOVEMBER 23: Los Angeles Kings acquire forward Torrey Mitchell from Montreal Canadiens for a 2018 conditional pick

NOVEMBER 14: Edmonton Oilers acquire forward Michael Cammalleri from Los Angeles Kings for forward Jussi Jokinen

NOVEMBER 5: Ottawa Senators acquire forward Matt Duchene; Nashville Predators acquire Kyle Turris; Colorado Avalanche acquire forwards Shane Bowers and Vladislav Kamenev, goaltender Andrew Hammond, defenseman Samuel Girard, 2018 first-round pick, 2018 second-round pick and a 2019 third-round pick

OCTOBER 28: Arizona Coyotes acquire goaltender Scott Wedgewood from the New Jersey Devils for a fifth round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft

OCTOBER 21: Pittsburgh Penguins acquire forward Riley Sheahan and a fifth round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft from the Detroit Red Wings for Scott Wilson and a third round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft

OCTOBER 21: New York Rangers acquire defenseman Ryan Sproul from the Detroit Red Wings for forward Matt Puempel

Edited by skip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Skip, thanks so much for the work that you do! I was playing today on my mini SNES and I got the attached address error when Chicago took 2 penalties on the same play vs the Winnipeg Jets. As well, is it possible to add blood and fighting back into this version?

Thanks again!

Address Error in NHL18 Feb 10 2k18.JPG

On 2/10/2018 at 4:04 PM, paulohotline said:

Hey Skip, thanks so much for the work that you do! I was playing today on my mini SNES and I got the attached address error when Chicago took 2 penalties on the same play vs the Winnipeg Jets. As well, is it possible to add blood and fighting back into this version?

Thanks again!

Address Error in NHL18 Feb 10 2k18.JPG

Whoa, that is really weird. Can't say I've seen it before. You use a mini-SNES?

The only known issue is the player cards on Winnipeg, if they scroll through on the game menu, will crash it. We've had multiple penalties on the same play with the same ROM and not had that happen. 

Blood and fighting, unfortunately, have not been added into the ROM hacks. It'd be so great!

• 3 weeks later...