NHL'94 Forums

2018 Olympic Rom?

Stepher1980

I often like making things like this (did World Championship last fall), but I just don't have much interest in this tournament. 

Also rating all the unknown players would be a nightmare and arbitrary. 

Doing trade deadline update to NHL rom will keep my busy enough, I think.

• Like 1

@naples39 I agree completely - this tourney is just not that interesting. However, if you want to do a "shell" ROM of the teams with banners and center ice logos, I am happy to do the player ratings and can ask Slapshot67 to do the player cards. Let me know bud.

• 2 weeks later...

^_^

On 2/16/2018 at 8:12 PM, slapshot67 said:

here is the official Pyeongchang 2018 rom:D, it has both men's and women's teams, just needs the rosters filled.

NHL 94 - Pyeongchang 2018.bin

gonna be a lot of work for me... thanks Slapshot

Edited by Stepher1980

Hello @Stepher1980. Happy to see that I'm not the only one interested about the OG. I'm almost done with the rosters. I made only the men. I will be done in a couple of days, just 2 teams missing. Rom will be uploaded into the topic I started.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 5:13 AM, mitch13 said:

@naples39 could you please upload your World championship rom please?? I would be happy to play it!!! Thanks a lot!!!

I'm not sure what that 'update' would be. The World Championship is over and done, and the 2018 Olympics are entirely different uniforms, teams, and rosters.

I am definitely not interested in making a ROM based on this Olympics that I didn't watch with a bunch of players I've never heard of.

Ok, I read in this thread that you made a WC rom last fall, so I asked if you already uploaded it or if you could do it again please, because I would love to play it.

It's not about the olympics, no worries. Thanks.

3 hours ago, naples39 said:

I'm not sure what that 'update' would be. The World Championship is over and done, and the 2018 Olympics are entirely different uniforms, teams, and rosters.

I am definitely not interested in making a ROM based on this Olympics that I didn't watch with a bunch of players I've never heard of.

Ok, I read in this thread that you made a WC rom last fall, so I asked if you already uploaded it or if you could do it again please, because I would love to play it.

12 hours ago, mitch13 said:

Whoops, I mis-read upload as update.

The World Cup rom is still here:

Lol ok I've got it already, it's one of my favorite roms. I thought you also made one about the World Championship, the tournament held every single year. Thanks for the answer @naples39!

Edited by mitch13

• 1 month later...

Me, Kazzar and Slapshot67 are working on an International ROM. It will include all the countries that competed in the 2018 Olympics (with NHL players) and a couple additional teams, as well as some classic teams. I'll release more details as it comes to completion, we're about 40% done. 

This will not include the "B" teams Canada, USA, Sweden and Finland put on the ice for the Olympic tourney, but the roster for South Korea will be the same as Olympics team. Some others will be pretty close to the same anyways.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry but I was not interested in putting women's teams in it... You can put them using EARE and NOSE, if you want. They are included into the original rom, I cut them (or somebody did it for me) using EARE. 

6 hours ago, mitch13 said:

Sorry but I was not interested in putting women's teams in it... You can put them using EARE and NOSE, if you want. They are included into the original rom, I cut them (or somebody did it for me) using EARE. 

Understood, in original rom, they just have numbers only. I don't own a PC to use EARE or NOSE. But thanks, awesome work on this rom though.