NHL'94 Forums

Vote on season starting date

Brutus

Start of season date/ Trade deadline  

12 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think we should start the season? (draft started and ran much faster than expected so we have options now)

• Trade deadline Friday night, Season starts Monday 3/12 (sooner is always better!)
    • Trade deadline Sunday night, Season starts Thursday (Chaos needs a few days from trade deadline to setup site for league)
    • Trade deadline Friday 3/16 (next Friday), Season starts 3/19 (as originally scheduled)

Ok, based on a very fast start of the draft and an even faster run draft, and early trading, I think most of the teams are settled in.  Still might have a few trades out there working, but nothing that couldn't close within a few days.

SO, I set up a poll to figure out where the league is at.

I'd LIKE to bump the start date up so we can get one more league started before the summer gets here.

Right now, I'm leaning on Wednesday start date, with trade deadline Sunday night.  Going ALL the way till next Friday seems extreme, even by my standards!

I also voted for Sunday trade deadline gives guys the weekend to see if their team is good, weekends usually the time guys can find the time to play more exis.  Waiting till next Friday could cause exis burn out for some, and, or trading because the exis burn out.

• Like 1

I can get the site setup a lot quicker now. I usually give it a few days for guys to notice if there is something wrong with their rosters. If I'm around I can have the site setup in about 30 min now. So we can do Sunday night deadline and we can start Monday night if you want @Brutus

• Like 1

Trade deadline this Sunday night after no one is awake!   As long as people are awake, trades can be made.  Come Monday morning, I'll lock rosters & have crash finalize a rom .  Let's give a FULL day Monday to review rom & check for errors.  Get this final rom to Chaos & get site live Tuesday some time, Wednesday latest.

Official season deadlines won't start till the following Monday, the 19th.  So, this enables the early birds to get their GA in, but please be respectful of guys like Zep, who prefer to pace their season every over their 4 plus weeks.

that said, summer is approaching & id prefer it to drag the league longer than necessary.

ill be messaging you guys privately about your votes for teams/rankings/etc