NHL'94 Forums

Best Setups for NHL94

aqualizard

Best Setups for NHL'94  

7 members have voted

1. 1. If you have used more than one operating system, which do you think is the best for NHL'94?

• WinXP
    • Win7
    • Win10
    • Windows Other (Vista, Win8, etc.)
    • Other (Non Windows)
  2. 2. If you have had Cable and DSL, which do you think is the best for NHL'94?

Seeking anecdotal evidence of the best OS and internet network for our favorite game.

(Results to be added to an online guide.)

Feel free to add any other advice on the best computer setup, or internet setup, for this ancient yet beloved game!  (For example, I have heard some people say Windows 10 has caused issues, yet I know others are using it without issue?)

Edited by aqualizard

Basically, moving to a new computer will sometimes have problems, so the best OS is the one you already have working

I'd expect that cable is better than (or equal to) DSL, unless there it something particular about your location?

EDIT: DSL vs cable will depend pretty much entirely on the physical setup of the network in your area. You'd have to try both.

I have played on WinXP, Vista, Win7 and Win 10 and all are fine.  The only thing I noticed is some flickering on Win 10 systems sometimes. 

I have only had cable, so not sure how DSL can affect lines.  The only things I have ever noticed causing issues in games with internet is wifi noise, or other users on the same network at home (kids gaming, wife/roommate watching Netflix, etc).

First off, Windows 10 doesn't even exist. It's actually Windows 9but they called it 10 because 8 sucked so bad that they had to skip a number to throw people off the trail. Which fooled a grand total of noone at all. In the immortal words of G. Dubya: "Fool me once, shame one me, fool me twice, can't be a shame-fooled-again."

Windows 8 is the reason Microsoft skipped Windows 9. We already covered this.

Windows Vista... Don't trust it. Not a bit. 

Windows 7 is a solid and a really good OS. Never had any issues with it.

Windows XP has a lot going for it. For starters, the start-up sound is bang on. When I start a machine up, I want that sound. I'd have it in my car when I turn it on if I could get it working. Shut down sound is great a well. That background with the rolling hills looks great when Gens is windowed. Really helps you relax after a long period. 5/5. But there's no more security patches so even after you clear your browser history after a sketchy browsing session you could have spyware / viruses.

I'd go with Windows 7 or Linux / Mac. 

On 20.3.2018 at 2:40 AM, clockwise said:

First off, Windows 10 doesn't even exist. It's actually Windows 9but they called it 10 because 8 sucked so bad that they had to skip a number to throw people off the trail. Which fooled a grand total of noone at all. In the immortal words of G. Dubya: "Fool me once, shame one me, fool me twice, can't be a shame-fooled-again."

Windows XP has a lot going for it. For starters, the start-up sound is bang on. When I start a machine up, I want that sound. I'd have it in my car when I turn it on if I could get it working. Shut down sound is great a well. That background with the rolling hills looks great when Gens is windowed. Really helps you relax after a long period. 5/5. But there's no more security patches so even after you clear your browser history after a sketchy browsing session you could have spyware / viruses.

Have you played online on linux. I've been trying for couple of weeks now with no success. Just problem after another, get one fixed and run into a new one.

On 3/19/2018 at 8:40 PM, clockwise said:

It was called Windows 10 because 7 8 9.

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...