NHL'94 Forums

.SRM file

Meka

I'm using gens with wine on linux mint, and i have noticed that the .SRM file causes troubles when i try to play online games. If i have the file on my gens folder when connecting the emulator screen just stays black for a while and then crashes. Deleting the .SRM file helps and everything works fine.

Now, i played few online games the other night and all worked when i was hosting. But when we decided to switch to him hosting, we weren't able to connect anymore. I couldn't host now either.

I was just thinking that could it be the .SRM file on the other end that caused the troubles? I always check that i don't have it on my folder, but should both players always delete the file before connecting?

Ok, so it was propably something else. I just thought it might have caused the problem 'cos it actually does effect online game crash on linux. I have no idea why, but i have tested it. With the .srm file in gens folder the emulator crashes, and works well again after deleting the file.

Could it have something to do with different operating systems on both ends?

Edited by Meka

I've used regular and netplaysave, but they both have that same .srm thing. The best working gens for linux is actually the one i found from a topic here. I'll add a link to that topic below. I mainly use that one, it works great if i just delete the .srm file.

The .srm file and a black screen is actually mentioned on that topics last reply too.

Edited by Meka
My lousy "rally english"