NHL'94 Forums

Genesis Summer Draft League

jackandjose

The league is now full with 16 coaches.   Thanks everyone for joining the inaugural Genesis Summer Draft League!

I had planned on starting draft May 14th and season June 1st.  Since we're ready to go already I may bump that up and start draft sooner. I just need to look into how to set up the Google doc.

I will do a random drawing for the initial draft order then snake after that. 

We will use the GDL rom.  I would be open to making penalties only 1 minute so let me know your thoughts on that, or any other things you guys may want for this league.

The season will be 12 weeks long so basically June, July and August with a chance to play 150 games.  Originally I had said a 20 game minimum for playoffs, but I'm going to bump that to 30.

Hi all,

Let's stick with starting draft Monday the 14th.  I don't know docs and Brutus is busy so we'll give him time.   I'll set draft order this week so you can at least start trading.:)

Edited by jackandjose

On 4/29/2018 at 3:44 PM, seamor said:

In. No classes over summer so will be able to play most days. 

Nice, another New Englander! 

• Like 1

Need this to be put in it's own forum section, and the following rules cleared up:

Draft Order
# of Rounds per draft (how many total players drafted, including bench)

Type of Rom (WBF or Classic)
Penalties On/ Off & Time per penalty (if off, assumed to use Plablegs rom for B check enabled w/ penalties off)
Goalie Ratings Boost (Like in Blitz & Plablegs, or regular goalie ratings like in GDL & Classic)
Goalie Range Increased (Like in Blitz & Plablegs)
Faster Goalie Control (Like in Blitz & Plablegs, but not GDL or Classic) In this, you have to hold "B" less time before you get control of the goalie.
Y Button enabled for Instant Goalie (Blitz option, rarely used in most leagues)
Hack enabled check count?
Home/Away advantages set to null?

from my understanding...

• # of Rounds per draft (how many total players drafted, including bench): 1G, 4D & either 4-5 Fs
• Type of Rom (WBF or Classic): Classic
• Penalties On/ Off & Time per penalty: 1 minute penalties

On 5/4/2018 at 8:34 PM, aqualizard said:

Would be cool to have the "checks after whistle don't count" hack/patch!  Is that hard to do?

This doesn't need to be hacked, the website code is set up now to not count after whistle checks.

1 hour ago, chaos said:

This doesn't need to be hacked, the website code is set up now to not count after whistle checks.

Not entirely true...still need to hack it so the individual player checks don't pick up after whistle.  Just don't need to so the game summary hack, which can count all checks.  Difference between the sum of player checks and game summary is after whistle checks.

7 hours ago, kingraph said:

Not entirely true...still need to hack it so the individual player checks don't pick up after whistle.  Just don't need to so the game summary hack, which can count all checks.  Difference between the sum of player checks and game summary is after whistle checks.

Are you sure that individual late checks are picked up? I thought I remember @smozoma explaining it as the only way to get the proper team check count was by adding up player checks, and team late checks were determined by subtracting total player checks from total team checks in the save state.

12 minutes ago, chaos said:

Are you sure that individual late checks are picked up? I thought I remember @smozoma explaining it as the only way to get the proper team check count was by adding up player checks, and team late checks were determined by subtracting total player checks from total team checks in the save state.

Yep, but that's after the initial hack is in place.   The classic/default game counts all checks.

• Thanks 1