NHL'94 Forums

2018 World Cup Pool

halifax

Ola buds!

I did this before in 2010....and then in 2014.....

Back again! The winner gets $20....or a candle light dinner in Vancouver.

As long as you signed up as a forum member before today, you can play!

First download the excel file

2018 World Cup .xlsx.zip

If you want to play, here’s all you have to do.

1.Post your interest in this forum. (That way I’ll know whom I should be expecting an email from.)
2.Make your picks on each game (winning team or tie game)
3.Rank your Teams in order of who think will win the world cup.

Email the excel sheet to halifax@nhl94.com with your picks and place in the subject line: ‘(your forum name) picks’ by Friday June 8th

I'll look after the rest!

Here’s the rules.

1. There's a yellow column for you to make picks for each game. If you guess the correct outcome, you'll achieve the number of points listed for the county or tie. Example: In the first game if you pick Russia and they win, you get 1.33 points...If they don’t win, no points are awarded for you. If you picked the tie, and it finished in a tie, you would get 4.82 points, other wise you get nothing. And so on all the way down the list.

2.The player with the most points after the round robin will get be assigned their first choice of team for the round of 16! If there's a tie in points, tiebreaker goes to the forum member who emailed me their list first. 

3.The second player will be assigned their first choice of team, unless it's already taken and they'll get their second choice, and so on all the way down the list. 

4. If there's less than 16 people that sign up, then it will go back to the top of the list and I'll continue to assign teams until all of them are taken for the round of 16.

I'll submit my own list, and if I win, @annatar and @Bob Kudelski and @Jammer - KO94IIsnes will retire from SNES forever.

The World Cup bud list

Halifax

Skip

Bob Kudelski

CorbettKB

Fiddz

Annatar

Smozoma

• Like 3

I just sent my picks.

I Went entirely based on the team rankings in Super Soccer for SNES.

In cases where neither team appears in Super Soccer, I went with the underdog.

Thanks bud.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2018 at 6:12 PM, skip said:

In!

Edit: As soon as Group Play begins, I'd love to see everyone's playoff predictions!

Boom! Got your picks bud....and then I copied and pasted them into mine.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Bob Kudelski said:

I just sent my picks.

I Went entirely based on the team rankings in Super Soccer for SNES.

In cases where neither team appears in Super Soccer, I went with the underdog.

Thanks bud.

It makes sense to go with those picks. It's been a while since I played super soccer. International SuperStar Deluxe is probably the best snes soccer game though bud.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, halifax said:

Boom! Got your picks bud....and then I copied and pasted them into mine.

You did the right thing!

On 5/5/2018 at 4:01 PM, annatar said:

Count me in. My heart says England but my head says not so much. So, same as any other major tournament.

I always cheer for england bud...until they get eliminated in the final 8 or so in a shoot out.

On 5/11/2018 at 2:32 AM, kgman said:

mo salah Egypt

He’ll be the reason that they could pull off an upset or two. 

I'm in! I played in 2014 and sucked. Four years later I'm sure my intuition still sucks, but I was ecstatic my Germans won! That 7-1 Brazil massacre was unbelievable. I should have the picks in sometime this week, I'll have to do my homework on some of the teams and the match-ups.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 12:59 AM, Fiddz said:

I'm in! I played in 2014 and sucked. Four years later I'm sure my intuition still sucks, but I was ecstatic my Germans won! That 7-1 Brazil massacre was unbelievable. I should have the picks in sometime this week, I'll have to do my homework on some of the teams and the match-ups.

got your picks bud!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, skip said:

@halifax will you be displaying everyone's picks? I am trying to track my pts day-by-day lol

yeah...it'll take me a bit...im just working on my one i had for money first...had 18 buds in that one.

9 hours ago, Bob Kudelski said:

No need to track this. I already used the Super Soccer rankings to secure my win.

International Super Star deluxe bud. giver.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSG2vtD8n9rpvZnlfuo1vp5dAy2150hPsMSw_Jmm1Ctq_kQ5eN_AL7aXNHeRdTXewmIN55PJpXRIKJq/pubhtml

**I couldnt open fiddz file. my fault for not checking it first when he sent it to me. I asked him to send it again. so that will chagne later.

Thanks so much to @kingraph for creating this spreadsheet back in 2014. he's a master at excel. So he let me use it again.

Thanks bud.

30 minutes ago, kgman said:

who ever bet Mexico just made a killing 8 to 1

Me, I needed that, I was in last place by a mile :)

I think I'm winning now...at least until Switzerland doesn't win

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 9:49 PM, Bob Kudelski said:

It’s still early. All my underdog picks will start paying off soon. 

You're in 2nd now, it's working :D