NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA 93 32 TEAM ROM

slapshot67

It is finally here, Hockey 19 - 93-32 Team ROM

Special thanks to skip for his rosters and ratings...thanks bud!

Notes:

-Updated graphics - title screen, Stanley cup, player bench, and ice.

-Updated team rosters for 2018-19 season.

-31 NHL Teams, 32nd team is the NHLPA'93 All Stars.

slapshot67

HOCKEY19v1.bin

Edited by slapshot67
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Not yet, this is my fault. I am helping out but haven't had a chance to add my rosters from the '94 update. It takes some time because NHLPA did the ratings differently, have to go into each player. I hope to have it out with the trade deadline '94 ROM. Been tough to find time lately.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya again was just wondering if the 32nd team will be Seattle at all? I know they ain’t official yet but would save me pestering you to change the team name etc at a later date  :D thank you again for your time 

2 hours ago, T0LTS said:

Hiya again was just wondering if the 32nd team will be Seattle at all? I know they ain’t official yet but would save me pestering you to change the team name etc at a later date  :D thank you again for your time 

Might be tricky to do since Seattle doesn't have a team name or colors or more importantly, skaters.  :)

Putting it as placeholder still requires you to (eventually) re-edit the team for art, logos, colors, banners and players which isn't always the easiest of things to do or the most desirable to have to do (again).  I won't speak for Skip/Slapshot but, the good news is, the former did acknowledge he is looking forward to adding Seattle to his '94 rom (as he acknowledged he is also bummed to lose his current 32nd team).  I would assume they'd add Seattle to this rom when the team becomes a reality.  I say that because they are good that way.  ;)

Edited by The Sauce

48 minutes ago, The Sauce said:

Might be tricky to do since Seattle doesn't have a team name or colors or more importantly, skaters.  :)

Putting it as placeholder still requires you to (eventually) re-edit the team for art, logos, colors, banners and players which isn't always the easiest of things to do or the most desirable to have to do (again).  I won't speak for Skip/Slapshot but, the good news is, the former did acknowledge he is looking forward to adding Seattle to his '94 rom (as he acknowledged he is also bummed to lose his current 32nd team).  I would assume they'd add Seattle to this rom when the team becomes a reality.  I say that because they are good that way.  ;)

Yeah I understand mate about Seattle think I’m just getting a bit over-excited for this rom lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 3:08 AM, slapshot67 said:

It is finally here, Hockey 19 - 93-32 Team ROM

Special thanks to skip for his rosters and ratings...thanks bud!

Notes:

-Updated graphics - title screen, Stanley cup, player bench, and ice.

-Updated team rosters for 2018-19 season.

-31 NHL Teams, 32nd team is the NHLPA'93 All Stars.

slapshot67

HOCKEY19v1.bin 1 MB · 11 downloads

Were you able to import the fighting rating I had on NHL94 version? Or did you have to go player-by-player yourself? Either way, bravo. I kept doing the fighting rating just in case!

Hey guys! Any chance for some screenshots of some of the offsets in tile molester for this 32 team rom? Would be really helpful for those who want to hack the game themselves! You know, like splash screens, Ron Barr, center ice logo etc. Any chance for that?

• 2 months later...

well hello there

it's been a while

and i see slapshot67 has created a 32 team nhlpa93 rom ..... DIRTYMUTHAPUCKER :D

for myself, it was a sad day, a sad sad day when my first bought usb stick, with all my spreadsheets and roms went to silicon heaven

but did that stop me?

NO SODDING WAY MATEY

but instead of doing the whole custom creations i went straight edged, and doing some classic EA HOCKEY competitions instead, my simming days are far from over (five games being used as of this time)

but i was slowly continuing to build up a new spreadsheet of teams for usage in my new roms, and slowly rebuilding what that bloody dragon rekt :cry:

right onto business

since the "other" wboy is about as tight with the info as TEAM GB'S DEFENSE (but well done to them for staying in the top IIHF division, beating the french 3-2 in overtime ..... see i am totally up to date with things)

we can start with the simple things

TEAM BANNERS - 000A03IA

now oddly their size has peached my orange, instead of 12 tiles across, they are 10 tiles across, i'm guessing just for straight forward spacing issues, but that means i'll have to be even more creative in my banners

TEAM DATA - 000AD65E

not searched for the team stats yet or anything else, so you'll just have to wait <_<

POST THE INFO MAN

let us suckle on your goodness :cry:

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

also i've noticed you've switched the teams around in the start menu ..... WHY YU DO THIS:blink: could actually change Team 1 and Team 2 to Home and Away

got the team structure mapped, although the "00 02" before the team i don't know, i'm assuming that is the number of goalies?

also not found the team stats nor the team lines either .....

and just realised i could have just downloaded SMOZOMA's 64 team rom and spreadsheet instead!  so i got everything mapped again, because it was EASY TO DO NOW:lol:

also trying to work out where the first team data block was and spent a lot of time looking for it ..... yeah i found it .....

somehow we've all been managing to put a a whole load of FF's between the first team data block and the team players data, and we've been doing that for ages (can't get a download of WBOYs original 30 team rom to see) but it should be easy to ..... my original international roms are fine there's no space between them

check your roms, it's not a game breaker as all the pointers are correct otherwise they wouldn't work, just a bit of clean up required

• 2 months later...

and some VERY good news everybody .....

I HAVE A MACHINE GUN HO HO HO

or 

I HAVE A WORKING SPREADSHEET

to put all my teams into my WHL roms

decide which is the right answer, after these messages:P

yeah some stuff i couldn't work out (switching round the city offsets), and a REALLY dumb thing (not putting in the right header 1 bytes ..... i had "08" instead of "8E", what a maroon! and THAT'S why the team data wasn't being picked up, because that's the byte size too the team data.)

but that's it!

IT WORKS BRILLIANTLY

and added in the  first thirty two Ron Barr texts for each team, and might change the start blurb too

so now i can start with the team banners, and to finish off the rest of the team colours and team blurb and i'm off and running again, more than a year since the USB stick disaster 2: die USBer that knackered me up!

i'm so gonna be earning 20% now, unless some nark narks me<_<

HUZZAH:dal_skater_hand_grab:

• 2 months later...

hmm

how have you done the banners?

since they are ten tiles wide

looks like you did a patchjob like a typical cowboy, using colour blocks at the bottom of the banners:P

so overlapping designs outside the ten tile limit is OUT

doesn't mean i CAN'T do something ..... if that's right?

RIGHT?

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Amazing to have a 32-team ROM for ‘93, this and a few of the mods made from this base have found their way into my regular rotation

I’ve got a few of my own projects lined up I wanna use this as a base for, any idea if the weight bug (and which one) is already applied? Surprisingly there doesn’t seem to be any mention of it anywhere — I’ve always just assumed it was!

Edited by EagleXIII
  • Thanks 1