NHL'94 Forums

3 on 3 Arena

Sean

I've had this ROM finished and sitting in my GENS folder for a while, but while playing it today decided to go ahead and post it.

This ROM is the reason I looked into getting rid of penalty shots, and so far I've been able to figure out a few key RAM offsets much thanks to @smozoma and @Tony H's tutorials. 

The premise of the ROM is that it's 3 on 3, but all the teams are even; but not in the sense that 2 on 2 is where every player is the same, but the teams take from the same player pool. The players are mostly ripped from the EASHL mode on modern NHL games, as the current system allows you and your teammates to select player builds to create the best synergy. In order to rate these players as accurately as possible, the 0-15 scale is applied.

Features:

• Aforementioned 0-15 rating scale
  • Complete line editing capabilities, both on and off (courteousy of @The Sauce) - Anyone can play ANY position
  • 5 completely equal teams, named after and borrowing graphics from the 2005 WHA reboot, and 1 super team (for solo play).
  • Weight Bug Fix (certain player builds would become useless without it)

This hack is much more boring than the previous Mighty Ducks Rom (which is still incomplete, was waiting on rosters from TheQuackAttack podcast, I'll bug them again for them), but I think there's some potential for some neat things with 3 on 3. The original concept for this ROM was to include all-star teams, historic teams, and teams from movies (which lead to the Mighty Ducks ROM), and I still plan to do that at some point.\

Without further a due, here's the download. 3on3Final.bin

splash 2.PNG

menu.PNG

pregame.PNG

center ice.PNG

in game.PNG

splash 1.PNG

Edited by seamor
  • Like 1