NHL'94 Forums

Original player ratings scale/distribution

naples39

A while back I was curious as to looking at how players were rated in the original NHL 94, so as to keep my hacks more or less playing like the original ROM. I made these charts but never had a moment and organization to upload them, but here they are now. The zip files contains images for the distribution of each player attribute, skater and goalie. The groups are further separated by offense/defense, and starter/backup for goalies.

I won't clutter up the post with all 22 images, but it's crazy seeing how low the overalls are. Nearly every backup goalie is rated between 40-50 overall! About 45% of defensemen are ~48 OVR, and about 30% of forwards are the same. Only about 15% of forwards break 80 OVR.

There's lot of little tidbits you can find as well:

-Fs and Ds aren't rated all that differently in most categories, but D are better hitters, with WAY worse shooting accuracy
-About 80% of D have either a 2 or 3 on speed (FYI, original rating scale was 1 - 6, with 6 being 99 in game, and 3 being 40-60 in game)

I can't say I match these distributions in my ROMs, but I think it's interesting to look at.

OG ratings.zip

ovr.PNG

g ovr.PNG

• Love 1
  • Like 7

If you want to preserve a similar checking feel to the original game but with the weight bug fix, there's a similar breakdown in the smozROM zip file (Player Rating Guide.html, make sure to unzip so the images load). It also breaks things down by 1st line players etc

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/12181-tool-hack-applicator-aka-smozrom/

• Like 1