NHL'94 Forums

Applying Roster Changes in NOSE

chaos

When you are using NOSE to edit rosters, please make sure you update the number of F and D on the team. This can be done by hitting the "Apply" button on the menubar. If you do not do this, the game will think there are 15 defensemen (F in hex) available. I'm not sure how this will affect gameplay (it probably won't), but please do this step, especially if you want to use the offline stat extractor program (to be released soon!)

Bad NOSE

Good NOSE

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 12:15 AM, chaos said:

When you are using NOSE to edit rosters, please make sure you update the number of F and D on the team. This can be done by hitting the "Apply" button on the menubar. If you do not do this, the game will think there are 15 defensemen (F in hex) available. I'm not sure how this will affect gameplay (it probably won't), but please do this step, especially if you want to use the offline stat extractor program (to be released soon!)

I don't think F or D designation effects gameplay on the ice, but if you go to edit lines in-game you won't be able to choose from players designated F for the D slots (and vice versa).

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:15 AM, chaos said:

Bad NOSE

Good NOSE

This is an awesome tip!  I haven't notice it affecting game play however, I did notice that I can affect the pre-game player portraits.  By reducing the number of FWDs and/or D, it has an affect on the indexing of the portraits within a rom.  That said, you may see certain players with the wrong image as you review the player portraits (pre-game).  It's an easy fix... in NOSE, you simply re-order the FWDs and/or D that are listed so that the correct player coincides with the correct image.  I went team by team by keeping NOSE and the game open, simultaneously, the determine whether to move a player up or down in the list of NOSE team players.

Originally, I tried to used EARE to correct the error but it didn't work but I was, however, able to fix it in NOSE.

Edited by The Sauce

On 9/27/2018 at 9:08 AM, The Sauce said:

This is an awesome tip!  I haven't notice it affecting game play however, I did notice that I can affect the pre-game player portraits.  By reducing the number of FWDs and/or D, it has an affect on the indexing of the portraits within a rom.  That said, you may see certain players with the wrong image as you review the player portraits (pre-game).  It's an easy fix... in NOSE, you simply re-order the FWDs and/or D that are listed so that the correct player coincides with the correct image.  I went team by team by keeping NOSE and the game open, simultaneously, the determine whether to move a player up or down in the list of NOSE team players.

Originally, I tried to used EARE to correct the error but it didn't work but I was, however, able to fix it in NOSE.

I made a post about how player cards work and how you can adjust which roster spots get shown in the start screen:

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/216-how-to-player-card-tutorial-nhl94-nhl95/&do=findComment&comment=169968

Hope that helps, happy to answer any questions you have.

• Like 2

On 9/27/2018 at 6:08 AM, The Sauce said:

EARE works perfectly for me.

You just have to make sure your player card list is correct.

54 minutes ago, CoachMac said:

EARE works perfectly for me.

You just have to make sure your player card list is correct.

My player card list is correct however, it may have just been a one-off glitch/error (when I tried to update it in EARE).  I downloaded EARE, again, and will re-attempt tonight (as I'm working on some roster number adjustments).  I live in NOSE and TM but definitely want to take advantage of the nice functionality of EARE.

2 minutes ago, The Sauce said:

My player card list is correct however, it may have just been a one-off glitch/error (when I tried to update it in EARE).  I downloaded EARE, again, and will re-attempt tonight (as I'm working on some roster number adjustments).  I live in NOSE and TM but definitely want to take advantage of the nice functionality of EARE.

EARE is awesome.

When you apply the Player Card pics in EARE....What happens to the rom?

Just now, CoachMac said:

EARE is awesome.

When you apply the Player Card pics in EARE....What happens to the rom?

I only tried it the one time but what happened in the ROM is, the images were swapped for a couple of players.  To correct, I switch their list order in NOSE and it corrected the ROM.  Interesting enough, it appeared (keyword - "appeared" as my eyes get older and older - lol) that in EARE, the correct index image ID per player was correct (as I cross reference the txt file saved in the EARE folder.  Who knows... may have been a case of a "ghost in the machine".  I will try it again tonight and see if it works. 

I originally had an issue with NOSE but then downloaded it again and it's been smooth sailing since...

Maybe it's me?  What's the ol' sayin'... most computer issues are caused by a loose nut between the chair and computer keyboard.  :)

On 9/28/2018 at 10:03 AM, kingraph said:

I made a post about how player cards work and how you can adjust which roster spots get shown in the start screen:

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/216-how-to-player-card-tutorial-nhl94-nhl95/&do=findComment&comment=169968

Hope that helps, happy to answer any questions you have.

So, @kingraph you were correct (via the player cards tutorial) in that the issue I was experiencing was related to fixing the team player card pointers.  Thank you for re-posting the link to the wboy tutorial.  It didn't fully translate to my 32 team rom, as the hex pointer locations are different, but it was still helpful for insight.  Luckily, I did get guidance on how to fix the issue that I was experiencing.  Shout out to the architect of the 32 rom, @slapshot67 as he created and sent me an awesome tutorial.  It taught me how to fix the pointers in my rom.  Got it fixed in about an hour (once I got into a rhythm).

Thanks @chaos for the original post in this thread as it, too, was very helpful!

Edited by The Sauce
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...

For the first time in my ROM ****ery I tried to delete the goalies from the team and got this:

zot3hMj.jpg

If you just remove them from the line, by changing to HEX0!!!, there will still be a goalie. If you pull the goalie while the game is going,then he will remain on the ice until there's a stoppage. 

Doesn't anyone know if the game will start or not? I was trying to see if I could create a team called 'Roenick' and just have him on the ice.