Sign in to follow this  
The Sauce

NHL 2019 “Way Too Early Edition” ROM

Hi Everyone!

So August, to many NHL fans, is the most boring month of the year.  Not much, if anything happens for the sport.  The NHL world is still waiting for OTT to finally trade Erik Karlsson as rumored for months and months.  Who knows when that will finally happen.  That said, in honor of a boring month of low activity, I am releasing an NHL19 “Way Too Early Edition” ROM.  Much of the details of my 2018 ROM carries over to this version (see "Another NHL 2018 ROM" for additional details of that ROM).  The rosters, as far as big trades and signings, over the last couple of months, are up to date as of today.  Tavares on TOR, Kovalchuk on LA, O’Reilly (STL), etc.  If I missed any notable ones, feel free to let me know.

Many promising prospects, projected as having a legit chance of making their team’s opening night roster, are in the game.  They include guys like Rasmus Dahlin (BUF), Casey Mittelstadt (BUF), Andrei Svechnikov (CAR), Filip Zadina (DET), Michael Rasmusson (DET), Kailer Yamamoto (EDM), Evan Bouchard (EDM), Dylan Sikura (CHI), Miro Heiskanen (DAL), Robert Thomas (STL), Ander Bjork (BOS), Gabriel Vilardi (LA), Filip Chytil (NYR), Lias Andersson (NYR), Elias Pettersson (VAN) and many more.

I have also added several recent European signings (Par Lindholm-TOR, Jan Kovar-NYI & Bogdan Kiselevich-FLA to name a few).  I did get some insight on them via scouting reports.

The different lines and D pairings, playable per team, are early projections.  In some cases, like Toronto, it is what the coach (Babcock) stated he’d like to try at the beginning.  In other cases, it is a best guess subject to changes.  The NLC lines and related pics are those I felt fit best.  Some player portraits have been updated.

A lot of the new jersey numbers are confirmed.  Teams like ARZ, BUF, CGY, CAR, DAL, MIN, PHL, PIT, STL and TOR have confirmed them on their websites.  In other cases, if a new number has not been confirmed, I used a number the player wore on another team or in the AHL/JRs./College.  Just as long as it was not retired by their new team.  Jack Eichel and Jack Roslovic have confirmed they are switching to new numbers this year so they are updated.

Some teams, this year, are trying forwards at new positions in camp.  Perfect example, CAR has confirmed they will try Sebastian Aho at center on the top line.  He played some, at that position, at the end of the last season.

Lastly, I have created a new Prospects Team (as the 32nd team).  These are the early projected stars of next year’s draft.  It’s forgone that Jack Hughes is going number one overall.  The kid is awesome!  It will be a draft filled with promising centers/wings like Alex Turcotte, Alex Newhook, Kappo Kakko, Dylan Cozens and Peyton Krebs to name a few.  I did my best to get them correct  (or close to) in attributes by using several scouting reports as I did for the 2018 Prospects.  Some could be slightly off as I am still learning more about them.  If so, I'll update them at a later time (as well as the prospects listed if some rise or fall in value).

As always, feedback is welcome.  Think of it as a pre-season edition as I will release a final start-of-the-season version in October (much like Skip/Slapshot & Naples39 do).  I’ll likely, in October, do another 3v3 version to accompany it.  For now, enjoy!

NHL19 Title Screen.jpg

Team Select.jpg

Tavares Scores.jpg

Kovy Scores.jpg

NHL94 2019 Way Too Early Edition.zip

Edited by The Sauce

nice work! ....kg Will play once I get outta rehab .....kg has problems 

Nice Rom!  Like how you came out with this early!

5 minutes ago, Boston Boy said:

Nice Rom!  Like how you came out with this early!

Thanks!

Of course, I release it and a day later, Carolina trades Jeff Skinner to Buffalo.  Lol

I made the update on my own version.  I’m not going to do a re-release right now as it’s been rumored (for quite some time) that MTL is trying to trade Pacioretty, OTT is trying to trade Karlsson and CAR may trade Justin Faulk.  Plus, who knows what FAs may still sign somewhere prior to training camp.

Haha yeah, I wished Boston landed him.  I think it's smart to let all of these rumors pan out before updating again.  Well, I can't wait til hockey starts again!