NHL'94 Forums

NHL 07

slapshot67

Thanks for all the work on the new rom guys.

A friend and I have enjoyed many grudge matches on last year's rom. It's usually quite a hard decision for us to decide between playing on the original and the updated version. We probably end up playing each about equally. And that says a lot.

Just wondering why the user record slot says "Leave Off!!" -- I gotta have my user records. :ninja:

[guess] It says leave off because there is no room in the ROM to keep records. Since the size of the game has to remain constant, when they added additional teams & players, they had to subtract from somewhere. They subtracted from the records section of the ROM (& I would guess the player pictures section too). [/guess]

• 2 weeks later...

HI, love the new ROM, thanks for all the work!

I just saw this bug for the first time, but I was playing the July25th roster update from last year, so perhaps that's a bug from the original game code?

Hey in the new this new update there is a bug i found...

In OT if a player gets a pentaly but the other team scores before they can touch to have the pentaly called they show the player skate the the box even though the game is over...then he disappers and the game just sitts there causing you to must reset the emulator :P

• 2 weeks later...
No. I don't even know what is storeandserve.com.

Mahavishnu's and Swos's NHL2007.bin can be downloaded from here:

http://www.nhl94.com/update/

Right now player card pictures are totally messed up, but we try to fix and update them later.

Thanks, this is totally kickass. i dont think im going to sleep this whole weekend. Is this the latest version btw?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyone who plans on running a league based off this new rom? If there is, I'd be very interested in joining.

Feel free to contact me either on AOL: XXX_pac5

or

Email: SDwyerX@hotmail.com

Also, if anyone plans on starting one and needs help getting it off the ground, I'd be more than happy to.

Thanks,

Sean Dwyer

I also just finished a roster update for the Genesis 95 version. It's pretty similar to swos version but the goalie's arent rated near as high. They are more consistent with how the original 95 goalies were rated. My update isn't as elaborate as swos with all the graphical details but the player ratings were painstakingly done. Email me if you want me to send it to you. savyspice69@hotmail.com

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys. I love the update. The only thing I have to point out is Calgary has the theme for the Chicago Blackhawks. I assume this is because the addition of one of the teams alphabetically before the Hawks shifted the music to Calgary. I live in and am a big fan of Chicago, so it kind of stands out to me. Is there any way this can be changed? Also, In NHL '94 they messed up by putting red helmets (instead of black) on the Hawks away uniforms. Maybe because the helmet and abdomen portion of the jersey are connected? My friend may be able to change it on his own rom if someone can describe how. Otherwise this may be a good note for the Sega CD rom. Which I also look forward too.

Thanks,

-Matt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As swos said, NHL2007.bin is now updated. Rosters are updated to current situation of real NHL, but there are still some UFA-players in their old teams. They'll be moved as soon as we know their new teams. Some minor moves are not included (Tim Jackman to the Islanders, Mathieu Darche to the Lightning, Shane Willis to the Predators, Wade Brookbank to the Hurricanes, Toby Petersen to the Stars), because these players are to believed start the 2007-08 season in the AHL.

We are again updating NHL2007.bin constantly. Trades and other new stuff are updated as soon as possible.

http://www.nhl94.com/update/

• 4 weeks later...
The rom is now updated.

It includes all the offseason trades and signings so far, and new 07/08 looks for columbus, minnesota and washington.

www.nhl94.com/update

Just wanted to personally thank swos and Mahavishnu for updating the 2007 rom during the off-season.

You guys always do a great job with graphics and player ratings.