NHL'94 Forums

$25 REWARD!!!

ill give anyone $25 if they can decompress NHLPA 93, so that i can edit the banners !

take the $25 challenge!?

now to clarify...

i dont mean .smd to .bin

i mean so i can edit the banners using TLP or TM

that means the rom size has to be like 94s is 1,024KB

NOT 512KB

take the $25 challenge!?

Would you offer me $25 if I told you the offset where the 93 stores the tiles so you can spend time yourself working out how it is storing the graphics.

If you think I'm kidding, I not.... I actually found the offset/start of banners (boston) the other night messing around with 93.

The compression seems custom.... but in a sense, not true compression as we know it (hard to explain).

Only messed with it for 15 minutes after the find... managed to change the color of the starting pixels in the 1st tile... but still can't see a pattern that explains how to alter it in a controlled manor to get the desired result.

I'll post more details in the not so distant future... just got too much other stuff going on at the moment to post detailed and (semi)meaningful information.

• 3 weeks later...

From what I've seen/tested, the banner tile data appears to begin at 7A3AC

The 8200 bytes seems to affect the tile layout (if changed), as do the following 31 & 30 based bytes so avoid changing these (initally anyway).

I've attached an image of a quick initial test I did, which shows how to the palette color being referenced has changed.

In the first example where I have replaced the 11 with 55, if you make it 56 (or any other two colors), you get a checkered effect like seen in SJ banner.

I don't plan spending anymore time on this unless someone makes a slight breakthough in understanding the data a little more, at which point if I can help decipher it further, I will.

best of luck.

post-11-1133179279_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

no one tried the tools on 93?

i dont really get how to do it... =/

but on a side note...

i was messing around with gencyst and kmod tonight ...

you can dump the VRAM

then you CAN edit the file it makes with Tile Layer Pro and/or Tile Molester

but i have no idea how to put it back in...

its 4:56am im tired and my f**king eyes hurt... im going to bed

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey 77 you noob talking two timing devega asm arse kissing low life...

What's your "under the table with hush hush a top priority" offer for a NHL93 ips patch file which effectively uncompresses the rink and banner graphics?

Don't think I'm kidding... as I'm not... I have a found how to identify and workaround the compression in 93.... and oh how easy it is to understand when you see how... well, maybe for the exception of cyber... he stuggled understanding most things I've posted here.

i went there to find someone to add fighting to 94...

of course everyones too busy to do anything....

but yah if you know how i can change the banners, lay it on me man... im pretty dumb so i hope i can understand it...

the 25 bones is yours...

any idea how to move the team orders and take their banners with them?

add me to msn messenger, lets talk

solution77@msn.com

I dont want your money, but I'd like it if you would seriously donate the sum of equal or slighter higher value (as it's tax deductable) to a legitimate and worthy charity of your choice (e.g. not alcohol research).

You can hold of doing that until I produce the goods. I can confirm my method does definately work.

Can't give a time estimate on completion, as like everyone I too am busy with others things, though some of those things will also be of great interest to many here.

As for the teams orders... yeah theres a way around that problem... but I won't go into that now.

Sorry, I don't msn/online chat...