NHL'94 Forums

roster extractor

dmitry

i finished making a roster extractor. you can upload your nhl roms and get a comma delimited output of the team info (city, abbreviation, team name, and arena info) followed by the the player data (player name, jersey number, 14 attributes, team, position, and roster slot ). i could add the line and strips info if anyone is interested. i've only tested with the original game and the NHL2006a and b roms. it should work with any rom as long as you dont change the team offsets. if team offsets are going to be different then i will have to modify the extractor.

http://65.36.133.56/nhl94rosterextractor.aspx

give it several seconds for the upload, probably a lot more if you are on dialup.

next is automating the creation of databases on the fly from the uploaded roms, and also automating the statextractor( http://65.36.133.56/nhl94statextractor.aspx ) to input the data from uploaded saved state files into your database of choice. after that anything is possible including personal leagues with online rom editors and stats, etc.

Yea, I tried using your roster extractor with a ROM that was modified using wboys NOSE and no dice. Like you said, the offsets are different.. though I wonder if the offsets are consistent with any ROM that is applied the free byte hacks within NOSE.

-Evan

i updated it so it should find the new offsets automatically. i went on the assumption that the first team offset doesnt change. is this correct?

it worked for me with some altered roms. i might have to change the timeout on the page since the upload is so big.

Hex 0000030E is where you find the team order offsets. You can use this data to tell you the exact start position of each team.

The first 2 bytes of the team, typically 0092 is the offset + team start offset (e.g. 0092+00005330 for ANH) that takes you to the start of the roster data (also correctly bypassing any free bytes if they exist).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance that you will make a release of these programs?

It would be a huge help to future NHL '94 leagues to be able to use these. I was thinking of starting a small league, like 6-8 teams,, so I'm really interested in keeping track of stats if possible.