NHL'94 Forums

New league forming

dmitry

Hey guys

I'll be setting up and testing a new genesis draft league this week. I'm looking for 12-15 owners who will be able to play multiple games per week. We will be drafting players from the original 94 rosters for the first season, but we may move to the updated rosters in the future.

Feel free to post questions/suggestions and if you are able to play a lot of games, sign up.

website is being built here http://65.36.133.56/nhl94_draft/index.asp

A couple things to discuss:

Rules - I'm personally in favor of no line changes, with penalties (no offsides). I would probably not play if we had offsides turned on :blink:

League Survival - Historically I don't think any other league besides Evan's has ever survived a completed season from start to finish. To ensure survival I would suggest only veteran players that are known to be dependable. At least have a veteran vouch for a rookie.

A couple things to discuss:

Rules - I'm personally in favor of no line changes, with penalties (no offsides). I would probably not play if we had offsides turned on :blink:

League Survival - Historically I don't think any other league besides Evan's has ever survived a completed season from start to finish. To ensure survival I would suggest only veteran players that are known to be dependable. At least have a veteran vouch for a rookie.

i'm only going to take guys who have proven they will play games unless i am somehow convinced otherwise. the offsides thing i'm unsure about. it just doesn't feel like hockey to me playing with it off, so that's still up in the air. playing with no line changes would cut the draft down, but every team would be like an all star team wouldn't it?

i was a little too ambitious with my first league, trying to play a full nhl season with every team with a lot of guys that hadn't played before.

I would play with penalties on/no offsides and no line changes either. It's your league though, do what you will with the rules. I'm sure I'll be the first league player ever to go 0 for the entire season B)

Hey, I suck, but at least I'm gonna show up every game and take my beating like a man :lol:

i'm only going to take guys who have proven they will play games unless i am somehow convinced otherwise. the offsides thing i'm unsure about. it just doesn't feel like hockey to me playing with it off, so that's still up in the air. playing with no line changes would cut the draft down, but every team would be like an all star team wouldn't it?

i was a little too ambitious with my first league, trying to play a full nhl season with every team with a lot of guys that hadn't played before.

i think using offside might be a nice change and play some real hockey and shake up styles of players

I would play with penalties on/no offsides and no line changes either. It's your league though, do what you will with the rules. I'm sure I'll be the first league player ever to go 0 for the entire season B)

Hey, I suck, but at least I'm gonna show up every game and take my beating like a man :lol:

well, if i play you'll have a good shot at some victories.