NHL'94 Forums

May I Make a Suggestion?

addisonbr

I'm not in the league, but Ive been watching from afar. I've done drafts by email/forum before and it always takes a lot longer than people anticipate, and can be a fairly frustrating process.

Here's my suggestion, you can take it or leave it.

I've attached a spreadsheet with all of the players in NHL '94 sorted by overall ranking (saved in .txt format but it's really a .csv file - rename the extension to open easily with Excel or Google Docs). Maybe everyone takes a couple/few days to go over the list and monkey with it however they like - moving players they like up, players they hate down, maybe adjusting all of the forwards/defensemen/goalies up or down depending on how important those positions are to each coach's style of play. When finished, an edited list is mailed by each owner back to Dmitry.

Dmitry could then take the lists and draft players in turn, taking the highest person on each list who isn't already taken, and so on down the line until the teams are complete. He'd obviously be constrained by the 6 F, 4 D, 2 G requirement, and furthermore would fill out starting lineups before taking any backup players (i.e., you wouldn't get a third defenseman before signing a third forward).

Perfect, no. But the tradeoff might be that you could all start the league in the next few days instead of, by my calculations, in more than three weeks. Plus it would be hard for an individual person to jam things up too much. If someone became utterly unreachable and couldn't edit the default list, that's okay - he'll still wind up with a perfectly competitive team.

Anyway, like I said, you can take it or leave it, I'm not in the league so it doesn't affect me directly.

NHL94PlayerRatings.txt

thanks again for the list, i was wondering, what does an asterisk beside the name mean?

Ah yes. That designates players that the original cart defaults to the starting lineup. It follows the same convention as in the NHL94 manual for Genesis, also used by Evan in the rosters linked from the NHL94.com front page (note: not the NHL94online.com front page), from which I shamelessly stole the idea.

http://www.nhl94.com/html/teamprofile.aspx?team=EDM