NHL'94 Forums

Offsides off petition

Rob B. Fabulous

I just wanted to start a petition to not have offsides on in this league, i have been playing it alot to test it out and to get used to it, it is unbelievable how much it slows down play, the artificially intelligent players are not smart enough to stay onsides so it is brutal, please anyone who agrees speak your mind and let;s get offsides off. thanks, and rock on.

I have to agree as well. I think the poll even went in favor of offsides off. It's just that the AI isn't good enough to always avoid going offsides. Yes, it eliminates the frustrating art of cherry picking, but players, especially fast ones, will often jump the gun and draw an offsides. When you play enough with it on, it will eventually become very frustrating.

With so many teams with fast players on their team, I assume we are incouraging a faster style of gameplay. It also makes the games about 2 or 3 minutes longer, which increases the chance of controller/keyboard homicide. :)

I'm gonna say turn them off. Or even better, it could be decided between the coaches that are playing. But I'm pretty sure I'm speaking for most of the players in both A and B leagues who've been playing ONLINE longer than most.

ahhh you bunch of f**kin babies play the game the way its supposed to be played and the players work with you if you move the puck up ...im really tired of everyone being scared of a rule change ...MAN UP ....it makes the game more challenging and if the line changes rule sticks and you cant handle it im sure someone would love to replace you!

I'm not sure why a petition was started. You signed up for a league run by dimitry who mentioned he prefered offsides. He also conducted a poll to see where people stood and although the poll shows most don't like offsides, he said this wouldn't make or break his decision. It's his league and he made the decision to have offsides in.

I agree with you guys about playing without off sides..I don't like them either and Dimitry may have a change of heart but I don't think a petition was necessary for a league that you knew in advance would probably have offsides.

ahhh you bunch of f**kin babies play the game the way its supposed to be played and the players work with you if you move the puck up ...im really tired of everyone being scared of a rule change ...MAN UP ....it makes the game more challenging and if the line changes rule sticks and you cant handle it im sure someone would love to replace you!

Let's play with offsides ON...

Was it really necessary to curse? Then again, I probably shouldn't be talking since I've already made enough enemies :)

A petition wouldn't have changed things, but it's always nice to see where everyone stands on the issue. I can't wait for the draft to be done, the rom with our complete teams released, and for us to be playing.

Game on!

You need to ease up there killer.

No one's "scared" of the offsides thing. People are just saying they prefer to play the game a particular way and if the consensus is to play with offsides off, then the admin should seriously consider changing the rule to make the majority happy. But if he still decides that offsides should be on, I'll support the decision.

ahhh you bunch of f**kin babies play the game the way its supposed to be played and the players work with you if you move the puck up ...im really tired of everyone being scared of a rule change ...MAN UP ....it makes the game more challenging and if the offsides rule sticks and you cant handle it im sure someone would love to replace you!

:rolleyes:

hey a**hole, did you ever think that the challenge comes playing the best players in the world, and with offsides on the fun goes down, so watch your language and deal with it, dick.

Rob, first of all, you lose your moral authority when you curse and insult other people while telling them to watch their language. Second of all, I'm not sure backhandfloater could have been more polite, so whatever your problem with him is, knock it off.

Rob, first of all, you lose your moral authority when you curse and insult other people while telling them to watch their language. Second of all, I'm not sure backhandfloater could have been more polite, so whatever your problem with him is, knock it off.

you are absolutely right, i sincerely apologize, first of all backhandfloater, i didnt mean to respond to you, i am an idiot, i am not forum savvy and i replied to you by accident obvioulsy, you were supporting my position and you were very polite. and i overreacted to hokeefan for whom my response was intended, i just got annoyed and reacted too quickly, but let's face it he is a dick

apologies,

rock on

you are absolutely right, i sincerely apologize, first of all backhandfloater, i didnt mean to respond to you, i am an idiot, i am not forum savvy and i replied to you by accident obvioulsy, you were supporting my position and you were very polite. and i overreacted to hokeefan for whom my response was intended, i just got annoyed and reacted too quickly, but let's face it he is a dick

apologies,

rock on

It's all good in the hood my brotha. Peace.