NHL'94 Forums

Problem with menu screen

dmitry

I just used NOSE to create the bin file for the draft league. Everything seemed to be fine until i edited the lines and changed some of the goalie bytes so i could have 2 goalies instead of 3. Now the main menu screen freezes when it tries to show the players. Any idea what is causing this? and what exactly are the goalie bytes?

thanks for any help

I just used NOSE to create the bin file for the draft league. Everything seemed to be fine until i edited the lines and changed some of the goalie bytes so i could have 2 goalies instead of 3. Now the main menu screen freezes when it tries to show the players. Any idea what is causing this? and what exactly are the goalie bytes?

thanks for any help

The issue with you rom is that you reduced the amount of players on many teams, but then didn't fix/check the reference player card data.

So then you get an instance where you only have 12 players on a team, but one of your player cards points to a defender who was originally in the (e.g.) 14th player on your team list, so it hangs as it can't retrieve the name of the 14th player as it don't exist.

There is more than enough info in the player card tutorial to understand and fix this... and there is no need to use tile molestar to do so if you are only changing the player index pointers.

Goalie bytes determine the amount of goalies on a team, and also seemingly work as an unknown(?) rating for the goalie.

e.g.

1000 = 1 goalie, ranking(?) 1

9000 = 1 goalie, ranking(?) 9

1230 = 3 goalies, ranking(?) 1,2,3.