NHL'94 Forums

It's been awhile

SakicSick

I just rediscovered the greatest hockey game, NHL 94. But I need some help, please. I cannot find the controls for the game. I know B is pass and A is shoot. But what about defensive controls? Hooking? That sort of thing. Please, if someone can help me with a list, I would really be thankful. Hope to hear from someone. Later.

Guest nhl92fan

a is not shoot, c is shoot. a for hooking and flipping the puck. a is also used to flop the goaltender when you have control. b is passing and holding down on b gives you goalie control. c is for glove/kick saves from goalie when you have control.

one timers-pass using b, and while the pass is going, hold down c.

c is used for checking and hitting. c is also used for 'speed bursts' when you are not controlling the puck.

b is also used for tripping/sticking/poke checking when you do not control the puck.

hope that helps.

Thanks for the help, BUT I have the game for SNES. Probably should have mentioned that. Oops. Well, If someone knows the SNES controls for the game, I would like those. I'm on my way to a Cup with the Rangers right now so I am making due with what conrols I do know. Still, if anyone knows the SNES controls, it would be great to have a final answer.

Controlling Player (without puck):

A = speed boost/check

B = change player/poke check/win faceoff

X = change to goalie

Y = hook

L = change to left defenceman (defence control has to be enabled)

R = change to right defenceman (defence control has to be enabled)

Controlling Player (with puck):

A = shoot

B = pass

X = nothing

Y = flip puck

L = nothing

R = nothing

Controlling Goalie (without puck):

A = save

B = change to player

X = poke check

Y = dive

L = nothing

R = nothing

Controlling Goalie (with puck):

A = nothing

B = pass

X = nothing

Y = flip puck

L = nothing

R = nothing

sorry i couldnt get em all... maybe someone could fill in my blanks??

Shak

shakazuzu: Oh dear lord, I haven't actually known about L/R controlling defense..! In all these years, I feel like such a newbie. :) *sigh* It's actually very embarassing and frustrating! :) *tests it out* And now I know why, since Def. control isn't enabled by default I've only enabled it a couple of times and not found that it did anything I've never really cared about it. But damn! I wonder if it can be enabled (by default) with some editing of the rom. Might add that I've never read the manual for the game, since I've had it on the computer and none of my friends that had it did have the manual.

Well anyway:

X = Poke checks when you're controlling the goalie.