NHL'94 Forums

NHLPA 93 Draft League

girabbit

Time for someone to set this in motion. NHLPA 93 Draft League. No penalties except fighting, no line changes, 5 minute periods. I'm willing to commish and look after stats and the rom and all that although my html skills suck.

The biggest problem in every league is finding owners with the same level of commitment. Guys who are really into it and have time are frustrated by the people who have other priorities and maybe not as much time. I think that if a schedule is set up at the beginning of the season (a pair of games against the same player every week) this can be done in a semi-orderly fashion. Everyone will play a pair of games against every other player (double-round robin I guess) and will make the playoffs depending on placement in their division (assigned by location to decrease ping for playoff purposes [and assuming we have enough guys for 2 divisions]).

I use Gens and have had good success with it so I propose that we use this emulator. Of course since it's a draft league I'll be hacking up the NHLPA 93 rom with NOSE and distributing it. I guess since everyone else in the world has the AOL chat dealie we'll use that. When signing up, include your e-mail address, AOL name, and city/town.

Email: girabbit@hotmail.com

AOL name: girabbitwastaken

City: Regina, Saskatchewan

It's probably best to hold a mini tournament with the original rom to see if the a '93 draft is viable. I play '93 online with a few guys from around here but I don't know more than 5 that would play.

Guest cr0ssbar94
Time for someone to set this in motion. NHLPA 93 Draft League. No penalties except fighting, no line changes, 5 minute periods. I'm willing to commish and look after stats and the rom and all that although my html skills suck.

The biggest problem in every league is finding owners with the same level of commitment. Guys who are really into it and have time are frustrated by the people who have other priorities and maybe not as much time. I think that if a schedule is set up at the beginning of the season (a pair of games against the same player every week) this can be done in a semi-orderly fashion. Everyone will play a pair of games against every other player (double-round robin I guess) and will make the playoffs depending on placement in their division (assigned by location to decrease ping for playoff purposes [and assuming we have enough guys for 2 divisions]).

I use Gens and have had good success with it so I propose that we use this emulator. Of course since it's a draft league I'll be hacking up the NHLPA 93 rom with NOSE and distributing it. I guess since everyone else in the world has the AOL chat dealie we'll use that. When signing up, include your e-mail address, AOL name, and city/town.

Email: girabbit@hotmail.com

AOL name: girabbitwastaken

City: Regina, Saskatchewan

93 is the best game in the series. Count me in! Do you have AIM? I think thats what you mean by AOL name right? My AIM is "cr0ssbar". I'm in Ny, cable hook up. I'll be checking this thread often for updates. Dont worry about your HTML skills, I could care less. LOL :)