NHL'94 Forums

Updated 2007 ROM finished, with ALL trades

thegr8199

No it isnt, I took the last updated ROM from Swos(Dated late December) and made all movements up to the trade deadline. I figured since the ROM hasnt been updated for quite some time, Id do it myself.

I never did say I did all the work, but maybe should of said that I took swos ROM and updated it.

I hope this isnt a problem, I just wanted to help out everyone whos been waiting so long for it to be updated.

can you post it?

also mack are you still working on one...looking for something where i can simulate the upcoming playoffs

ps the nhl still reseeds after the first round correct...like if 7 beats 2 they will play 1?

does that make sense

I just assumed "updated" meant exactly that, not designed from scratch but tweaked to bring the rosters up-to-date. I don't think anyone here would try to take luster off of swos' blood sweat and tears - I think it's a credit to swos that people use his ROM as the standard, and respectful that people don't pester him to personally make every single tweaking update every time the NHL rosters shuffle a bit.

ps the nhl still reseeds after the first round correct...like if 7 beats 2 they will play 1?

Yep.

Posting ROMS here isn't such a great idea.

Just to elaborate a little - this is one part paranoia, one part practicality. The paranoia comes from not wanting this site to become a ROM haven of tons of EA titles (but I admit a fan-modified ROM of a title that's already available here and in fact is the entire purpose of this site is probably not worth getting too worked up about).

The practical part might be ultimately more compelling anyway - the attachment manager of these forums is configured to only allow certain file types. Images and text files are fine, but to post less conventional files you may have to really get creative. It is probably easier for folks to handle things privately through email, or perhaps to use a third party hosting service and direct people there.

• 2 weeks later...
When I download it, its a PHP file...hmmm...

If you right-click and do "save as" you get "index.php" as the file name, but if you rename it to whatever.bin, it's fine.

If you just click it normally, it'll give you the file.

That's how it's working for me anyway.

Hey guys. New to the forum. NHL94 addict from back in the day.

Does anyone have a "weight bug corrected" version of the 2007 and 1994 ROMs available for download? I always suspected..for years..that the weights worked counter-intuitively for checking, and seeing some posts here, it seems I was correct. I think it's the cheesiest part of the game, and I've corrected a few teams for experiments sake in the 2007 Rom on this site, and it does make a noticeable difference.

the days of Pavel Bure being able to plow his way to the net while being nailed head on by Jeff Buekeboom need to end!!

I've tried to make those adjustment in my lastest offering which will be out this week.

That is awesome. I also would like to start playing online. Does the person you are playing have to use the same emulator you are using in order to play? Reason I'm asking is, the main emulator this site directs you to download, I cannot get my crappy Saitek controller to work with.

• 1 month later...

Just spent a few hours tonight, upgrading the ROM. Made appropriate jersey number changes and added a few players who seemed to made the rosters late in the season.

Also, changed some goalie ratings, corrected endurance ratings and made the 'elite' players better... nothing HUGE, just to make them more like their real life counterparts.

Should be out in a day or so...