Chris

The Official "I'm New"/Introduction Thread

942 posts in this topic

Oh I made an AIM account: ozik@gmx.com.  If anyone wants to try to show me how this online stuff works hit me up.

Ozik

Hi Ozik,
I added you to the main AIM group, "GENS Buds" where you can look for games (we call exis).  Hopefully the invite shows up and you can join without issue. 

Welcome, and don't be shy, just jump in! :)

I found this site a few years ago but didn't join at the time.  However, I recently built a Raspberry Pi and was looking to get some ROMs of classic games I loved back in the day, and since I wasted many an hour in college playing NHL '94, I figured I would return and see what you had to offer.  

I was really excited to see that there are versions of rosters dating back into the late 70's and 80's, as that's when I developed my love for hockey.  I was in elementary school when the WHA and NHL merged and grew up in Pittsburgh as a Penguins fan from BL (Before Lemieux), so it was cool to see that I can play with those classic teams and rosters from when I was younger.  

My name is Richard, but I go by "The Captain" not because of sports but because of my love of Captain America (I'm a huge comic book geek, even moreso than a video game junkie); it's my screen name on a comic book forum I'm a member of.  Looking to enjoy the community here, as it looks pretty decent from what I've seen so far. 

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

I found this site a few years ago but didn't join at the time.  However, I recently built a Raspberry Pi and was looking to get some ROMs of classic games I loved back in the day, and since I wasted many an hour in college playing NHL '94, I figured I would return and see what you had to offer.  

I was really excited to see that there are versions of rosters dating back into the late 70's and 80's, as that's when I developed my love for hockey.  I was in elementary school when the WHA and NHL merged and grew up in Pittsburgh as a Penguins fan from BL (Before Lemieux), so it was cool to see that I can play with those classic teams and rosters from when I was younger.  

My name is Richard, but I go by "The Captain" not because of sports but because of my love of Captain America (I'm a huge comic book geek, even moreso than a video game junkie); it's my screen name on a comic book forum I'm a member of.  Looking to enjoy the community here, as it looks pretty decent from what I've seen so far. 

Welcome, Captain!

We've got several guys here from Pittsburgh, although they're AL (after/anno Lemieux).

Hope you can find what you need, if not, just ask.

Captain my Captain, we grew up in the same era!

Long before most of these whippersnappers around here.

I love making roms from that era.

I hope you have tried and enjoyed mine.

The 1976 rom has the WHA teams from that year as well, but you would need to use EARE to activate them.

I never finished the player ratings for those teams.

Hey, what's up guys. Just found this site randomly. I play the old NHL games all the time and got curious if there were any roster updates floating around. Very cool to find this. Excited to be a part of the community. :)

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, BigMan said:

Hey, what's up guys. Just found this site randomly. I play the old NHL games all the time and got curious if there were any roster updates floating around. Very cool to find this. Excited to be a part of the community. :)

Welcome!

There are SNES ROMs over in the SNES Downloads area, however I don't see any up-to-date ones. The SNES editing scene isn't very big because the tools for it aren't very good.

There are plenty of Genesis ROMs, though. Here's the latest (April 6th)

Hello Everyone,

I am a huuuuge fan of NHL94. I am an better player on the Snes version, but I also play the Genesis one.  I have been trying for a while to edit some teams, player and logo for the Snes version. I see a lot of tools  around,  but it seems more tricky for the Snes Version. Is it even possible? (even if I don't understant programming to much...?)

Thanks for all your help, 

From Moncton, Canada

Hey guys and girls. Long time player, first time online. Wondering if anyone wants to have a quick game?

Welcome Turcos and Oliver,

to get games in see here: Test Games and Getting Connected

As for Turcos's question about SNES hacks, you should start a thread in the Hacking subforum to get answers... people are less likely to see your query buried in this I'm New thread. :) 

Hi Lizard, thanks for the link, gonna do it all now and hopefully get a game or two in now. How are you taking the off season? Luckily in England we have a few beer league pre seasons coming up to get my fix. 

The off season? Ha, truth be told I am not a hockey fan.  I just like playing NHL94.  I haven't watched an NHL game in years, which is ironic, cuz I live in Toronto, a true hotbed of hockey.