NHL'94 Forums

NCAA 08 Rom

kupuck19

Hey, this is the first time I've ever edited a rom. I'm still working on it obviously, its only a three day old project. I've always wanted to play an NCAA hockey game, and I thought it would be cool to make a 94 NCAA edit. I've got some screen shots for ya(as I said it's still a young project and I am a total noob with edits). Now there's a ton of college hockey teams, so I picked what I felt were the top 30 teams in the country and put them on the rom. I'm also waiting for college's to release their rosters, I'm not going to use names, but numbers like on NCAA football games and try the best I can to relate skill attributes(probably based on who has been drafted and by class year). So let me know what you all think of it so far, ALSO how do you add the team logos to center ice and change the name on the score board?

-Vinnie

Screenshots:

University of Vermont and Holy Cross

FROZENFOUR_004.jpg

FROZENFOUR_003.jpg

FROZENFOUR_002.jpg

University of New Hampshire and Princeton

FROZENFOUR_001.jpg

FROZENFOUR_000.jpg

Michigan State and Michigan

FROZENFOUR_005.jpg

FROZENFOUR_006.jpg

University of Maine and Denver University

FROZENFOUR_007.jpg

FROZENFOUR_008.jpg

FROZENFOUR_009.jpg

i would love to play a ncaa edit of 94. i would be willing to donate my time if you want help. i'm new at editing but id offer what i can. i have no problem editing players and team info but like you i'm still having trouble editing ice logos and other graphics. i need more practice using Tile Layer Pro but i think if i leep messing with it ill be able to handle doing graphics soon.

also i'm not sure how you are getting your top 30 teams but you may want to just take the official rankings: http://www.ushsho.com/d1mrank.htm

i would love to play a ncaa edit of 94. i would be willing to donate my time if you want help. i'm new at editing but id offer what i can. i have no problem editing players and team info but like you i'm still having trouble editing ice logos and other graphics. i need more practice using Tile Layer Pro but i think if i leep messing with it ill be able to handle doing graphics soon.

also i'm not sure how you are getting your top 30 teams but you may want to just take the official rankings: http://www.ushsho.com/d1mrank.htm

Thanks man, if I run into some spots where i could use some help I'll give you a shout. I'm pretty new at this, I've come across some problems and have to start back at base 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I've been putting this off a little bit after the little screw up. I'm waiting for uscho.com to release the 07-08 polls before I decide which teams to put on. The names of the players won't be put on the rom, just like in NCAA football games. Player skills will probably not match the number of the top players on teams, mainly because at the college level it's hard to find their previous stats. Whole team overall ratings will be accurate though. Also, at the college level there can be a huge difference from team ranked #1 between team ranked #30, so if you're playing with Minnesota you are going to rip teams like Niagara apart. If anyone has an cool ideas or suggestions for this edit I would love to hear them(except for adding ACHA college teams on this rom, it's NCAA varsity teams not ACHA club hockey teams.) I know there isn't a huge fan base for college puck on this forum, but I would still like to hear any thoughts. I was thinking of making goalies a little less skilled than what they would be for an average nhl edit, mainly because goalie is such a competitive position to make it into the NHL, and most college goalies don't graduate to the top level. So let's hear some thoughts fellas.

-Vinnie

Good to see someone picked this up this project again. If you do a search I think there is some post on an 06 and 07 NCAA rom that was never completed.

I would suggest putting as many WCHA teams as you can, but that is the homer in me talking.

Eventhough the goalies normally do stink at the collegate level, I think if lessened the skill down of the goalies too much it could turn into too much scoring. I love the Mack hacks/SWOS 07 version alot. I would go off that for skills ratings.

Also since you are not doing real players but trying to mirror teams, maybe on some of the teams make them very lopsided.

Here comes the Brainstorm!

Such as

Great Defensive team with no offense and vice versa.

Also you could make a team that has a few great players and the rest very poor.

Maybe a raw talent team with speed and agility but no shooting accuracy, awareness or stick handling

A team that is heavy, slow, low endurance but great Slappers and awareness.

Scoring defensemen and defensive wingers

A goon team with high checking and aggressiveness

etc, etc

But of course these are just suggestions and you are doing all the work, so do what you thinks best.

Hows your Rom coming. I have been getting much better at editing graphics and was thinking about making my own Frozen Four version of NHL94 but i don't want to compete with someone elses rom. So please keep us updated with the status of your rom

FF3.jpg

Hows your Rom coming. I have been getting much better at editing graphics and was thinking about making my own Frozen Four version of NHL94 but i don't want to compete with someone elses rom. So please keep us updated with the status of your rom

FF3.jpg

Inklings, glad to see you're doing some good things with imaging. Doesn't matter to me if you make a ROM, mine will probably take a good while to be completed. I finally got the first polls of the year from uscho.com:

1 North Dakota (13) 24-14-5 545 6

2 Boston College ( 3) 29-12-1 519 4

3 Michigan State (11) 26-13-3 513 10

4 Miami ( 1) 24-14-4 471 13

5 Minnesota ( 1) 31-10-3 470 2

6 New Hampshire 26-11-2 454 5

7 Clarkson 25- 9-5 396 3

8 Notre Dame 32- 7-3 358 1

9 Boston University 20-10-9 332 9

10 Michigan 26-14-1 296 8

11 Colorado College 18-17-4 277 20

12 Maine 23-15-2 234 14

13 Denver 21-15-4 232 15

14 Quinnipiac 21-14-5 196 16

15 Wisconsin 19-18-4 181 17

16 St. Lawrence 23-14-2 159 11

17 St. Cloud State 22-11-7 90 NR

18 Cornell 14-13-4 85 NR

19 Ohio State 15-17-5 51 NR

20 Vermont 18-16-5 46 NR

Others Receiving Votes: Massachusetts 45, Michigan Tech 38, RIT 18, Dartmouth 17, Nebraska-Omaha 16, Bemidji State 13, Harvard 11, Niagara 7, Air Force 6, Providence 5, Western Michigan 5, Rensselaer 2, Colgate 1, Robert Morris 1

I'll probably start working on my rosters a bit when time frees up a little bit here. I want to see you follow through with your rom Inklings, because if I get too swamped with time I would still love to play an NCAA rom. I'll still be working on my own but I don't really see it as a competitive situation.

Take care all.

i had done about 60% of the rosters when i was working on this rom last year. But it was extremely hard to finish due to not having my own computer for an entire year. I had my own system for how i would do the rosters as well. Its really great that someone is taking over this project, but now i feel guilty for not being in the position to finish it. :( If you need any help with the rosters(which i know you probably won't), i'd be more than happy to help.

But on a side note, I had constantly asked for help so i can finish the rom and all got was WEN IZ DIS COMIG OUT???? I WANNA PLEY!! so glad to see that people are so supportive nowadays.

.......so thanks for all your f**king help a year ago guys.......bastards. :ninja::)

i had done about 60% of the rosters when i was working on this rom last year. But it was extremely hard to finish due to not having my own computer for an entire year. I had my own system for how i would do the rosters as well. Its really great that someone is taking over this project, but now i feel guilty for not being in the position to finish it. :( If you need any help with the rosters(which i know you probably won't), i'd be more than happy to help.

But on a side note, I had constantly asked for help so i can finish the rom and all got was WEN IZ DIS COMIG OUT???? I WANNA PLEY!! so glad to see that people are so supportive nowadays.

.......so thanks for all your f**king help a year ago guys.......bastards. :ninja::)

If i actually new how to do any of this editing stuff a year ago i would have so helped ya out bro. My biggest problem right now is i want to add real players names and base my stats off what they did in 2007 but i need to come up with a system/formula to do so. Would you be willing to tell me the system you used for that?

Hey fellas,

I'm on my three day weekend now. I plan on getting the rosters and teams done. Any suggestions for NCAA teams you guys would like to play with? I could take some teams out and replace them with some others that I know will not last in the top 30. So I'm open to suggestions, just let me know soon enough before I get too deep into doing the rosters.

Take it easy boys,

-Vinnie

Hey fellas,

I'm on my three day weekend now. I plan on getting the rosters and teams done. Any suggestions for NCAA teams you guys would like to play with? I could take some teams out and replace them with some others that I know will not last in the top 30. So I'm open to suggestions, just let me know soon enough before I get too deep into doing the rosters.

Take it easy boys,

-Vinnie

robert morris colonials!

well basing the ratings on individual stats is extremely subjective. pretty much i just based ratings on overall performance of the team. So mostly team stats. for example wisconsin was a team with a good defense and good goaltending, but very weak offense last year. So i would beef up the d and weaken the offense. I didn't use names either. only numbers. i even thought of just using numbers 1-25 or however many players were on the team. Also eliminated the weight factor. player weight only varied slightly. segathon may have a good idea, but a decent coach with a light team can f**k up a heavy team beyond recognition, so i just made them all 180-204 or so. I wish i still had it so i can show you guys, but i dont unfortunately. But thats the basic idea that i had for rosters. In case anyone cares.

• 2 weeks later...
well basing the ratings on individual stats is extremely subjective. pretty much i just based ratings on overall performance of the team. So mostly team stats. for example wisconsin was a team with a good defense and good goaltending, but very weak offense last year. So i would beef up the d and weaken the offense. I didn't use names either. only numbers. i even thought of just using numbers 1-25 or however many players were on the team. Also eliminated the weight factor. player weight only varied slightly. segathon may have a good idea, but a decent coach with a light team can f**k up a heavy team beyond recognition, so i just made them all 180-204 or so. I wish i still had it so i can show you guys, but i dont unfortunately. But thats the basic idea that i had for rosters. In case anyone cares.

That's how I have been working on it based on rankings. I have created my own little system for frosh-seniors skill wise. The thing I have been doing different is doing a players real weight.

• 1 month later...