NHL'94 Forums

'98 with 07-08 Teams/Rosters

LeMagnifique66

Please forgive my n00b-ish-ness, but I've looked everywhere I know to look and have yet to come across a "current" version of NHL'98 for Gens. Does such a thing even exist? If so, can I get a link?

I am currently working on one right now and I'm approximately 60% done. PM me in a week or so if you want a copy of your very own. What is your favorite team so that I pay extra attention to them?

I am currently working on one right now and I'm approximately 60% done. PM me in a week or so if you want a copy of your very own. What is your favorite team so that I pay extra attention to them?

The Penguins for sure. I even have their current season opener lines...

LINE 1:

Left - 11 Jordan Staal

Center - 87 Sidney Crosby "C"

Right - 17 Petr Sykora

LINE 2:

Left - 12 Ryan Malone

Center - 71 Evgeni Malkin

Right - 8 Mark Recchi "A"

LINE 3:

Left - 10 Gary Roberts "A"

Center - 16 Erik Christensen

Right - 20 Colby Armstrong

CHECKING LINE:

Left - 37 Jarkko Ruutu

Center - 25 Maxime Talbot

Right - 27 Georges Laraque

DEFENSE 1:

Left - 44 Brooks Orpik

Right - 19 Ryan Whitney

DEFENSE 2:

Left - 03 Mark Eaton

Right - 55 Sergei Gonchar "A"

DEFENSE 3:

Left - 04 Rob Scuderi

Right - 05 Darryl Sydor

GOALTENDER:

Starter - 29 Marc-Andre Fleury

Backup - 30 Dany Sabourin

EXTRAS:

Forward - 18 Adam Hall

Defense - 32 Alain Nasreddine

============

FIRST WAVE MINOR LEAGUE CALL-UPS:

Forward - 34 Jonathan Filewich

Defense - 58 Kris Letang

Goaltender - 35 Ty Conklin

About my only real "pet peeves" are that most folks tend to rate Crosby low (even though he's the best player in the game :) ) and they don't give Erik Christensen the shot power he deserves (Erik can flat fire a biscuit!).

Thanks!

I use this as a template for lines...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/pit/dept...hIrMis3QypQ2bYF

Sorry to disappoint you but Crosby is highly overrated as a player ;)

I would give Yahoo a, "Close, but no cigar", on that one. Staal hasn't played more than a dozen shifts at center since he hit the ice in his NHL debut. He spent the majority of last year on the wing with Malkin. It looks to be more of the same this year only on the top line with Crosby. It is clear that the Pens expect Staal to develop as a left winger with their current depth at center and even adding to it this year with Esposito. Further, I don't think Christensen has ever played on the left wing for the Pens. He played for a brief time on the right wing last year, but he is primarily 3rd line center or on the right wing of either top two lines (depending on how his scoring touch is going).

Speaking of Crosby, if you mean being the third greatest passer I've ever seen lace up skates only behind Gretzky and Lemieux, not to mention easily every bit as agile on his skates as Federov, Kariya or Juneau ever were in their hay-days, then, yes, he is over-rated. :)

I use this as a template for lines...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/pit/dept...hIrMis3QypQ2bYF

Sorry to disappoint you but Crosby is highly overrated as a player :)

Seriously... calling Crosby overrated? You must be a product of the Canadian media that only cares to knock Crosby and call him a diver. Watch him for just one game and decide if he's overrated... he does stuff on the ice that will make you swear you just snorted crack off the back of a dead hooker. Swear it.

Sorry, not Canadian and I don't really think that Crosby is overrated...jeesh, you people are sensitive. (Didn't you notice the wink at the end of that statement?)

I got it. I was just leg pulling right back hence the smile. We need a "sarcasm" smilie. (Use "roll eyes" and someone is bound to think you're rolling your eyes at them. lol) Anywho... Looking forward to the rom.

By the way... One more thing.

Does anyone here know where I may find any updated version of NHL '98 for gens? Even if I could get an '05 or '06 update I'd be happy. Basically, I haven't found anything other than the original rom and I would like to at least have fairly updated sweaters/logos etc. Updating some rosters myself isn't unacceptable. (NOSE seems pretty straight forward.) :)

Does anyone here know where I may find any updated version of NHL '98 for gens? Even if I could get an '05 or '06 update I'd be happy. Basically, I haven't found anything other than the original rom and I would like to at least have fairly updated sweaters/logos etc. Updating some rosters myself isn't unacceptable. (NOSE seems pretty straight forward.) :)

Looking for a season mode huh?

Believe it or not, I've been working on one of these too. Ah 'free time', I vaguely remember it.

I have the rosters completed with ice logos and uniforms updated. I haven't even started updating the logos in the team select screen but the game is still playable and fun as hell. I did all of the logos freehand using Tile Molester simply because I haven't been able to cut and paste logos from the updated 94 games that Slapshot67 has completed but they look OK. If you want what I have so far, pm me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Side note: Thank you to Slapshot67 for all of his patience and tutiledge with NOSE and Tile Molester.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...