NHL'94 Forums

Boarding Penalty

DaDonch44

Boarding Penalty  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How long should a Boarding (Injury) Penalty be?

• 1 Minute
    • 2 Minutes (Same as a Roughing Penalty)
    • 3 Minutes
    • 4 Minutes (Double Minor)
    • Other - Be Specific in a post

2 Min - 5

3 Min - 4

4 Min - 1

I kinda like the sound of calling the penalty "Injuring" instead of "Boarding" because thats more descriptive of what the penalty actually is. :)

Haha, I like it, "injuring."

Boarding didn't make much sense, since it's almost always an open-ice hit.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there are only 8 letters available for the name of the penalty and I'm not sure I can allocate more for it. So I'm just going to name it "Injuring." I think it has a nice ring to it. :)

Yeah there are only 8 letters available for the name of the penalty and I'm not sure I can allocate more for it. So I'm just going to name it "Injuring." I think it has a nice ring to it. :)

"headbutt"!

How about Bullying? Or Badassing? Or Pummeling? Or Bitchslapping?

something funny would be cool.

For the record, looking at the votes right now, picking 2 minutes because it has the most votes wouldn't exactly be right. 3 and 4 minutes should almost be counted together, as clearly the people choosing those ones want a longer than usual penalty

For the record, looking at the votes right now, picking 2 minutes because it has the most votes wouldn't exactly be right. 3 and 4 minutes should almost be counted together, as clearly the people choosing those ones want a longer than usual penalty

Did you vote 3 or 4? Logan...?

Remember its not really the poll itself its the posts with a response that are going to count in these polls. (In hindsight I should have left the polls off and just asked for posts.)

I posted back on the first page, and basically voted 4. But you can pretty much switch that to a 3. After playing around a bit, 4 minutes is too long for a 5 minute period. 3 however works fairly well.

Did you vote 3 or 4? Logan...?

Remember its not really the poll itself its the posts with a response that are going to count in these polls. (In hindsight I should have left the polls off and just asked for posts.)

True, the question could be restated as

1 minute

2 minutes

more than 2 minutes

then vote again on 3 minutes vs 4 minutes, if the 'more than' option wins.

same kind of thing for the draft format -- '100% snaking' vs 'not 100% snaking (could be 100% non-snaking, or a hybrid)'

Well, I'm trying to tally votes from actual posters, please correct this if I'm wrong somewhere:

1 Min - (1) thegr8199kings

2 Mins. - (5) Backhandfloater, AngryJay93, jrodimus, smozoma, dmitry

3 Mins. - (4) MattHurray, KingsCupRun93, Jamonica, Logan

I voted 1 min b/c i think injuries should be more of a celebration due that it doesn't happen all that much. But most of all I don't want 3 or 4 mins, that is completely ridiculous. So it doesn't look like 1 min is going to win out here so put me down for 2 mins.

I voted 1 min b/c i think injuries should be more of a celebration due that it doesn't happen all that much. But most of all I don't want 3 or 4 mins, that is completely ridiculous. So it doesn't look like 1 min is going to win out here so put me down for 2 mins.

Come on EA, stick with 1 minute. I'm voting 1 minute as well so we still have a chance.

I don't see why people would want it as a longer penalty though, injuring someone in NHL 94 is a GOOD thing. Of course, in the real NHL it's not, but this is a video game, so it's an exception.

Vote 1 minute! :)

Come on EA, stick with 1 minute. I'm voting 1 minute as well so we still have a chance.

I don't see why people would want it as a longer penalty though, injuring someone in NHL 94 is a GOOD thing. Of course, in the real NHL it's not, but this is a video game, so it's an exception.

Vote 1 minute! :)

My #1 vote is not to have this penalty go more than 2 mins. That's something I didn't even think people would consider seeing that the periods are only 5 mins. But ultimately I would like to see 1 min win overall.

My #1 vote is not to have this penalty go more than 2 mins. That's something I didn't even think people would consider seeing that the periods are only 5 mins. But ultimately I would like to see 1 min win overall.

so is your vote for 1 or 2?

and i think the reason people want it to be more is b/c if one of your star players got injured in the first period of an important game, you would want some sort of retribution, instead of the a$$hole who knocked him out skating around again after 1 minute to do it again to someone else. :)

so is your vote for 1 or 2?

and i think the reason people want it to be more is b/c if one of your star players got injured in the first period of an important game, you would want some sort of retribution, instead of the a$$hole who knocked him out skating around again after 1 minute to do it again to someone else. :P

Ah, yet another rule to try to make everything nice, fair and even-Steven in the land of NHL. Those kinds of injuries don't happen that often. The more likely situation that happens (at least when I play) is that a player gets injured for a period with 30 ticks left in that period. Now that player who received the penalty should go away for 3 mins???? That's so illogical, it makes my brain hurt.

And put me down for 1 min please.

(still voting 2 minutes)

If we make the 'injuring' penalty 1 minute, why don't we make them all one minute? Injuring a guy is pretty much the only penalty that has any real bearing on the game, as it is! I mean when the computer hooks a guy, it's very very very rarely a guy who's just about to break free for a breakaway or onetimer or something like that. It's usually some guy offscreen. When you injure a guy, you've actually done some real harm to your opponent (especially if it's for the game).

1 Min - (5) thegr8199kings, dmac, EricAnthony76, newjerseykiller, hokkeefan

2 Mins. - (7) Backhandfloater, AngryJay93, jrodimus, smozoma, dmitry, awesomerino, skoolyardpuck

gotta go one minute. Hell, actually the smuck who got lambasted against the boards should play 4 minutes shorthanded for....

NOT KEEPING THEIR FRIGGIN HEAD UP...........

peace

i voted 2 minutes. the game is so random with penalties. it is not like i am trying to injure a player. im just trying to knock him down and get the puck. its just something that happens. is there a way to play with injuries off? that would be ideal.

I'm trying to KILL the guy. Screw the puck...hten I just dance around the convulsing body....lol

Sorry, got some adrenaline going with my SOX tonight baby!!!!!!!!!!

1 Min - (6) thegr8199kings, dmac, EricAnthony76, newjerseykiller, hokkeefan, IceStorm70

2 Mins. - (8) Backhandfloater, AngryJay93, jrodimus, smozoma, dmitry, awesomerino, skoolyardpuck, TakeYourPill666