NHL'94 Forums

Problem with controls while playing

Martin

This is no real NHL94-problem. But it's really disturbing while playing this great game.

I guess I've got some settings that prevents me from pressing to many buttons at once.

For example:

When it's time for face-off i can't press down+right... pass to the RB.

Help me, please!

I'm assuming you're playing with a keyboard then.. Just assign the controls to some other keys. Easiest way to find keys that work is probably to just launch notepad, keep DOWN and RIGHT pressed and then press some other keys, and that way you'll see which keys will react.

Or just buy a cheap game pad, that would probably be the best thing to do.

You see, keyboards are divided in "zones" where a number of keys from each zone can be pressed at the same time and these zones are different from one keyboard to another. So either find new keys for controlling the player or other keys for the action buttons. Hope that helps.

You should be able to press 6-8 keys simultaneously on a keyboard, just not any 6-8 keys. And this actually goes for both PS2 and USB keyboards.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot!

Now I've got another question:

When got line changes set to "on" (manual) I can't do a line change without loosing the puck.

Am I just crappy, or is there no way of avoiding loosing the puck while changing lines?