NHL'94 Forums

Can NHL 1996 On Snes Be Hacked

Mike Toomy

I can't even get it running on Zsnes... It always hangs mid game (same with 95, snes) :) So editing hasn't been a main priority

:scorn:

Have you try these roms.

NHL '96 (E)

NHL '96 (U) [!]

NHL '96 (U) [f1]

[!] Verified Good Dump

(E) Europe

[f1] ????

I just tried [E] once again and it was looking good, til 1 minute into the 3rd, and it just hanged. Just as well, that game sure ain't too good. :) Well well, it's not about that now... Regarding hacking it... Seems like the rom is compressed or something, and I have no idea how to decompress it.. The only viewable text seems to be this crap in the beginning:

Tiburon Entertainment, Inc. developed this product for Electronic Arts. Tiburon is a small developer located in Longwood Florida, a suburb of Orlando. We develop entertainment software for console systems, and IBM Compatibles. If you're a talented programmer or Artist please fax us your resume at 407-862-4077. Although formal education is a plus, it's not required. This message is directed to all you hackers and demo coders out there who might be looking through our ROMs. We have good benefits, and pay competitive wages. We understand that while your resume may not reflect jobs programming, that you may still be very talented, and the opportunity may not have been available. In this case we ask your to mail us you're demos, or examples of work you have done. Tiburon Entertainment c/o Hey! I'm good, and I want a job 900 Fox Valley Drv. Suite #202 Longwood, FL 32779

It was the same thing with NHL 96 for Genesis, but once I got the .smd file converted to a .bin file it was fully viewable.. But since .smc is the only file format for SNES, I can't really figure out what to do, unless you find a decompresser or something, but those are generally made for individual games. You could try and check out http://www.romhacking.net/ but I had no luck there.

I just tried [E] once again and it was looking good, til 1 minute into the 3rd, and it just hanged. Just as well, that game sure ain't too good. :) Well well, it's not about that now... Regarding hacking it... Seems like the rom is compressed or something, and I have no idea how to decompress it.. The only viewable text seems to be this crap in the beginning:

It was the same thing with NHL 96 for Genesis, but once I got the .smd file converted to a .bin file it was fully viewable.. But since .smc is the only file format for SNES, I can't really figure out what to do, unless you find a decompresser or something, but those are generally made for individual games. You could try and check out http://www.romhacking.net/ but I had no luck there.

decompress The Rom may be very hard but hay any thing can be Dunn.about the other stuff EA Tiburon Was Making offer to people that made demos For some job thing.