NHL'94 Forums

NES Ice Hockey

Oh man, I would be if I weren't at school because I don't get kaillera. Ice Hockey is a classic, blue man referee, three zamboni drivers wearing goalie masks, big fat guys with the powerful slappers, speedy skinny dudes, and the crowd flashing in tied or one goal games in the third can give old people a seizure.

-Vinnie

My line up has not changed since the game was released.

Skinny

Medium

Fat

Fat

unfortunately when trying to pick up chicks at the bar to take home....that was my line up as well.

• Haha 1

Now I remember how much fun this game was :lol:

Played a pair against Tickenest

Game 1: USA (SSiG) 10, Soviet Union (Tickenest) 9 (Shootout)

Game 2: Poland (Tickenest) 11, USA (SSiG) 10

Playing with 4 of the fat players leads to a lot of fun :P

I play it with guys from here sometimes..

Little known fact about Ice Hockey - if the games tied after regulation there's a shoot out, try it.

Yeah, tickenest and I got to the shootout, he won 1-0...

The instruction manual says that there's overtime AFTER the shootout though...weird.

Now I remember how much fun this game was :lol:

Played a pair against Tickenest

Game 1: USA (SSiG) 10, Soviet Union (Tickenest) 9 (Shootout)

Game 2: Poland (Tickenest) 11, USA (SSiG) 10

Playing with 4 of the fat players leads to a lot of fun :P

Yeah, and I was aiming for another shootout after I scored my 11th goal with :18 left but somehow you couldn't manage to even get a shot off. Sheesh.

But how can you not love a game that contains the Soviet Union, people? Next I'm going to challenge people to NES Soccer.

Nintendo World Cup is da bomb! :) Dunno if I've ever bothered with Soccer for more than a few minutes... Heh..

I once had a score of 31-1 over the CPU's Cameroon (I used Argentina). I was like...9 years old at the time.

EDIT: Technos' World Cup, not Soccer.

Heh, yeah well, since you could just walk across the goal line to get a goal against Cameroon it was quite easy to score loads of goals on 'em ;) But I have no idea what my record was :) Awesome game however, absolutely one of my favorites! Playing on ice with a couple of friends was just hilarious! Haha... Sliding around like crazy.

• 7 years later...

Does anyone understand how to aim shots in this game? I know holding up on the dpad makes the puck raise, but I don't know how to aim to either side of the net. I kinda assume that shots are auto aimed, but it doesn't seem like they go to the initial open side of the net. Seems like it goes right for the middle often

I still play this on occasion, but I use the old 4f lineup

Fat

Fat

Fat

Fat

Since they all kinda' look like Mario tongue.gif

unfortunately when trying to pick up chicks at the bar to take home....that was my line up as well.

after LEGENDOFNHL94 resurrected this post i read this thread and halifax's comment is a first ballot hall of fame entry for forum quotes.

• 8 months later...