NHL'94 Forums

League Lacking Integrity?

thegr8199

I think there are some games that are just high scoring because of how inconsistent the goaltending/defense is in this game, especially with the rosters we have on this rom.

But I want to turn my attention to the antics frequented by some of the apparently autistic coaches that are in this league. These things shouldn't even be an issue among all the ADULTS that play in this league. Take your losses like a man, play your games, be respectful. No one said you had to like losing, but being a whiny b***h about every loss you get isn't making it easier for you or anyone else in the league. I'm sure none of you know what I'm talking about though. all I'm saying is:

1) after a game, saying gg afterwards is fine. gg. that's all. not 'MY TEAM SUCKS AND YOU'RE SO f**king CHEAP YOU SUCK' or ignoring someone afterwards/signing off after the game. Very stupid.

2) Staying invisible at all times and just picking whoever you want to play when you feel like is annoying. I think we ALL know who i'm talking about when i say that. I've had a game with him since thanksgiving, but i just can't seem to find him AT ALL these days. Yet he's able to get 20 games in. WEIRD. I don't understand how a couple of people asking you for a game each night is such a huge f**king inconvenience for you.

3) Please F-UCKING STOP PULLING YOUR GOALIE, DUMPING THE PUCK, OR FOOLING AROUND FOR THE REST OF THE GAME BECAUSE YOU'RE LOSING. In this game, no lead is safe, all you have to do is wait for your chances and take them. If you don't win, BOO. f**king. HOO. better luck next game(EMPHASIS ON THE WORD GAME).

4)altogether neglecting to play your games because you aren't doing so well. Pretty sure everyone agrees with me when i say that.

Not difficult. But man, we have some characters in this league. Just please remember it's supposed to be fun, and if that's not the case for you, give up your spot for someone who will have fun. jesus. Enough of this nonsense.

EDIT: Forget it. You people are too f*cking dense.

As for you skool, you're one of the biggest scumbags on this site. I'm amazed people respect you as much as they do. Stay the hell out of my way, or you're going to regret it, BIG TIME.

I think there are some games that are just high scoring because of how inconsistent the goaltending/defense is in this game, especially with the rosters we have on this rom.

But I want to turn my attention to the antics frequented by some of the apparently autistic coaches that are in this league. These things shouldn't even be an issue among all the ADULTS that play in this league. Take your losses like a man, play your games, be respectful. No one said you had to like losing, but being a whiny b***h about every loss you get isn't making it easier for you or anyone else in the league. I'm sure none of you know what I'm talking about though. all I'm saying is:

1) after a game, saying gg afterwards is fine. gg. that's all. not 'MY TEAM SUCKS AND YOU'RE SO f**king CHEAP YOU SUCK' or ignoring someone afterwards/signing off after the game. Very stupid.

2) Staying invisible at all times and just picking whoever you want to play when you feel like is annoying. I think we ALL know who i'm talking about when i say that. I've had a game with him since thanksgiving, but i just can't seem to find him AT ALL these days. Yet he's able to get 20 games in. WEIRD. I don't understand how a couple of people asking you for a game each night is such a huge f**king inconvenience for you.

3) Please F-UCKING STOP PULLING YOUR GOALIE, DUMPING THE PUCK, OR FOOLING AROUND FOR THE REST OF THE GAME BECAUSE YOU'RE LOSING. In this game, no lead is safe, all you have to do is wait for your chances and take them. If you don't win, BOO. f**king. HOO. better luck next game(EMPHASIS ON THE WORD GAME).

4)altogether neglecting to play your games because you aren't doing so well. Pretty sure everyone agrees with me when i say that.

Not difficult. But man, we have some characters in this league. Just please remember it's supposed to be fun, and if that's not the case for you, give up your spot for someone who will have fun. jesus. Enough of this nonsense.

well said.

1) There's nothing wrong shuffling your lines around. I never said anything of the sort. What i said is its annoying when people just stop trying by pulling their goalie or just dumping the puck every time they touch it during league games and even exhibs. I've never seen you do that before in the times i've played you. You may lose by a few sometimes, but at least you try. That's more than what other guys can say.

2) Just because some guys win by a large margin, doesn't mean they're in it for stats. That's like calling the New England Patriots despicable for winning their games decisively. Don't blame them just because they're good at what they do. Why don't you just blame every person on earth that was ever good at anything? One thing's for sure, I'm not gonna turn into some a**hole elitist and go easy on anyone I play because I'm better than they are.

3) If you want to throw a tantrum because you're tired of one person in like i don't know, EVER, posting about something you do, then fine. I've been called a cheater, I've been told I'm not good and i'm barely even a .500 player, but I get over it. But if you're starting to take losing big personal, you really should reconsider why you're playing. And exactly where are these criticisms you speak of? Please link me to these threads you're referring to that specifically criticize you or your game. I don't recall seeing any to be perfectly honest. Unless you aren't playing your games(which you do) or are being extremely rude to other coaches (which you don't do), then no one's going to call you out directly. I said what I wanted to say. I'm tired of the things some coaches do that i mentioned above. If you're so fragile and delicate that you get so flustered over one person saying ONE thing about you, then get angry. I really don't care. But thinking that everything I've said is directed towards only you is pretty selfish on your part.

How I play is nobody's business. Just because I want to see what my backups can do doesn't mean I'm not giving up on games. Unlike all of you, I'm not in this league for the stats.

I stand by my play 100%, and if that means I get removed from the league, so be it. To be totally honest, I really don't care what anyone here thinks of me anymore.

Why don't we just set a requirement that you MUST take at least 10 shots per game? That'll get the so-called "autistic" coaches in the league out of here. You want me out of the league? Here's your ****ing chance. If you want me out, I'm out. I don't have to take this kind of criticism anymore. It's impossible to have fun when people are consistently questioning whether I'm trying or not. Screw it.

I don't even average 10 shots a game man.

p.s. HABs what integrity are you talking about? The box scores aren't hitting your Vegas spread.. we need the league to step in? Please clarify because it doesn't really seem like a topic that needs discussed.

no, i think the integrity is fine. I havn't really seen anybody pull their goalie when they are way behind although the record for most goals last season 20 i think, from EA is obv tainted because wago did pull goalie for like 10 goals. I have seen people just dump in the puck for a whole 3rd period or so if they are down big, which I don't mind although I'd still be trying to score. There are only a few ppl in this league that seem to go crazy over their stats. I'm not sure what skool-ssig are arguing about...

I really havn't seen alot of ppl or any on this forum question if ssig is trying or not.

is this the game your talking about gr8199, http://65.36.133.56/nhl94_draft/recap.aspx?gameid=1762

definetely a strange game.

no that's magus assuming that people who get big leads on him are only running up the score cause they only want to make life miserable for him. Not because they're really just improving their own game against a human opponent. :)

i cant speak for kings, but i will say about this with him, ive played countless exhibitions with him and i never recall him ever quitting in the middle of a game once, so i have a hard time assuming he did quit in that game that was posted as an example.

I edited my post...apparently I'm in the wrong (as always). I have no apologies to offer, just a regret that it has come to this kind of childish BS.

That is all. Thank god this season's almost over. I can't wait to get away from some of you people :). Now someone do the right thing and close this.

EDIT: Actually, I do have an apology to offer. Not to one person, but to GDL in general for my ridiculous behavior in this thread. This is the kind of behavior that should not be tolerated by ANYONE. If you guys really want me out though...just tell me. I regret ever opening my goddamn mouth, as usual.

Guys, you have 56 games to play.

It sucks losing. You hate it, I hate it, we all hate it.

No one likes to play a game thats for fun and lose. I myself smashed a controller this weekend, b/c I got so pissed off at either the stupid AI and how lousy I was playing. For some of us, losing happens more often than winning and its very, very frustrating. It gets very hard to suck up and deal with when it happens more often than not. I'm not trying to defend anyone, I'm just talking mainly from my own experiences.

The competitiveness in me is at such a high level that when I fail, its unacceptable. I put in all the time practicing and playing exhibitions and then when the games count I can't perform at the same level. Yes, it's still a game and its all for fun, but I still want to win and be successful at it.

The season is not even half over and has been filled with major ups and downs.

But out of respect to everyone else in the league, just play hard every game. Don't tank the games. It's not impossible to overcome some deficits.

Be respectful, say "GG" win or lose, and try hard to win the next one. Hopefully some of those L's will become W's.

you know what. That's ALL i was saying. Is that sportsmanship is a part of maintaining the fun and freshness of this game, because it isn't getting any younger.

EDIT: Forget it. You people are too f*cking dense.

As for you skool, you're one of the biggest scumbags on this site. I'm amazed people respect you as much as they do. Stay the hell out of my way, or you're going to regret it, BIG TIME.

I've seen a lot of things on this site, but what I've never ever seen before is coaches posting actual threats. So I'm thinking it's you who's gonna regret digging a hole this big for yourself. Instead of calmly explaining yourself and expressing the fact that this is just how you prefer to play, you throw a tantrum, claiming that people want you out of the league and everyone's criticizing you. I really have no idea what to say to that, because nothing of the sort has ever happened. No one makes fun of you, or picks on you, and these criticisms you speak of are in your own mind, and don't exist. It comes from your own frustrations about not being able to find ways to win games. I've tried being friendly with you. I've tried iming you, asking you how you're doing, asking you if you wanted to practice to work on your game, just like all the other coaches did to me when i first came here. But you went from not even playing exhibitions, to not even logging on AIM so other coaches can contact you. You constantly complain about not being good enough, making posts on the forum that have more to do with how much you lose than the actual topic. BUT YOU DON'T PRACTICE. HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO GET BETTER IF YOU DON'T PRACTICE? Everyone who's ever been good in this league regularly played exhibitions when they first came in, and i'm pretty sure they still do.

You have a huge problem. I'm not sure what's driving you to become so enraged when someone calls you out, and THREATENING ME? What the hell is the matter with you? Pretty big of you to threaten me over the internet and then call ME the scumbag, Magus. What are you gonna do, come burn my house down over a f**king VIDEO GAME? And just how am I the biggest "scumbag" in this community? What have I done to anyone here to make their lives miserable? People respect me because I've earned it. I play my games, I try to be respectful and friendly to the other coaches, just like I tried with you. I've never harassed you or made fun of you over AIM. And I don't do it to anyone else. But dude, if it's seriously coming to this, I'm gonna say it again, you need to reconsider even being here if you're taking the game this seriously. Because I'm pretty sure i'm not going to be the last person to call you out. Everyone else deals with it, why should you be an exception. Just look at hokkeefan and the posts made about him. After doing the things he did and hearing all those comments everyone else made about his antics, he calmed the hell down, apologized, and it was dropped. Simple. You should do the same. I said nothing in violation of forum rules, but I'm pretty f**king sure what you said is DEFINITELY pushing it.

2) Just because some guys win by a large margin, doesn't mean they're in it for stats. That's like calling the New England Patriots despicable for winning their games decisively. Don't blame them just because they're good at what they do. Why don't you just blame every person on earth that was ever good at anything? One thing's for sure, I'm not gonna turn into some a**hole elitist and go easy on anyone I play because I'm better than they are.

I agree with everything that skool has said except for this point, and I almost agree with it. Just to add my own spin:

It's a fun league with a lot of cool stats... I'm in this for fun and for stats.

Everytime I play against any one of you, I'm going to try to beat you by the absolute largest margin possible.

I'm not going to cater to you b/c you're not apt to keep up with a certain level of competition.

I will run up the score on you if you give me the opportunity.

And if you want to cry about how the score got ran up, well, go cry to your pet parakeet b/c I could give a flying donkey ball.

At the same, I expect everyone I play to bring the same mentality and energy to the table when they play against me.

I respect a guy that brings his game and takes advantage of my own shitty play... anything less would be an insult to me.

Throwing in the towel is not only a great way of acting like a pathetic loser but it's disrespectful against the guy who is taking time out of his day to play you.

I pulled my goalie at the beg of the 3rd once in an exhi vs backhandfloater sometime last winter b/c he was beating my ass so bad. Afterwards, I felt like Captain Assface b/c not only did I give up, but how fun was that for him? You'll never see me give up on a game like that again.

I see this has turned into a venting thread which seems needed especially for leagues. There's been some words exchanged and some forum abuse which isn't appreciated. Thanks to all who are making positive actions here, I appreciate it.

Lets try not to make posts that seem general but are really made towards 1 person. That is what PMs/IM/Email are for. Anyone feel a venting thread in each league would be appropiate?

Can we all leave it on the ice and move on? Come on, it's holiday season.

-Evan

you know as much as I'd like to just drop it, I'm not going to. Because Magus blocked me over AIM for pretty much no reason(may i add that it's been at least a month before this thread was even created) , and doesn't answer my PMs. So until he actually grows up and talks to me to settle this, I'll use this thread instead. I don't mean any disrespect, but saying 'some things were said that people didn't like' is really just sweeping this ordeal under the rug. So now people know that they can say whatever the hell they want to other members without repercussions. I've done nothing, or said anything to prompt him to threaten me, something I've never even seen over an internet forum, and it's just going to be ignored? Look at his f**king signature. Real mature of him to put 'blow me' on there. He's mentioned before that he doesn't care what other people think of the way he does things, but maybe he really should care to avoid looking like a child. If he's talking to me, why can't he just tell me himself, instead of putting that on a public forum for all to see? hokkeefan gets banned for brutally criticizing one of the moderators but if you're only talking about a normal member, oh, that's no f**king big deal. It's a double standard.

Another point is that I even said I wasn't just referring to Magus. There were coaches not even playing and even starting to tank their games. I don't see any of them throwing tantrums and getting offended. If I had a problem only with Magus, I would have said so. I'm not going to beat around the bush with these kind of discussions. And yes, I would have posted here because AGAIN, he blocked for some stupid reason (probably because i asked him for a game, that seems to piss him off more than anyone around here) and won't answer my personal messages.

So I apologize if I seem rude, but all I'm asking from moderators/admins is to address the issue a little more seriously. So maybe in the future individuals will think before they post anything. I don't think it would hurt to establish some rules about what you can/cannot say here. I'm not saying he should be banned, but saying 'oh hey, yeah, you can't threaten other members', would be really nice.

you know as much as I'd like to just drop it, I'm not going to. Because Magus blocked me over AIM for pretty much no reason(may i add that it's been at least a month before this thread was even created) , and doesn't answer my PMs. So until he actually grows up and talks to me to settle this, I'll use this thread instead. I don't mean any disrespect, but saying 'some things were said that people didn't like' is really just sweeping this ordeal under the rug. So now people know that they can say whatever the hell they want to other members without repercussions. I've done nothing, or said anything to prompt him to threaten me, something I've never even seen over an internet forum, and it's just going to be ignored? Look at his f**king signature. Real mature of him to put 'blow me' on there. He's mentioned before that he doesn't care what other people think of the way he does things, but maybe he really should care to avoid looking like a child. If he's talking to me, why can't he just tell me himself, instead of putting that on a public forum for all to see? hokkeefan gets banned for brutally criticizing one of the moderators but if you're only talking about a normal member, oh, that's no f**king big deal. It's a double standard.

Skool,

I've pm'd SSIG in regards to this to make the necessary changes and this is a warning to him.

and just so your no longer misinformed on why hokkee was banned for those three months.

1. he created several aliases on the forums and leagues (at least 10)..

2. he used those aliases to defend 'hokkeefan' and slam others in the mean time.

3. he used those aliases to play as multiple coaches in one league...and who knows what he used them for...regardless of the reasons...it's cheating.

4. he was asked to stop using extra names by Evan and jsut stick with hokkeefan....he ignored it.

5. Evan banned him and he went nuts in a post spewing a bunch of crap.

6. he continued to make more aliases after the ban.