NHL'94 Forums

For Those Who Have Nhl 2k8

*NOTICE: I HAVE NOT YET ATTEMPTED THE 70s and 60s ROSTERS*

I had originally posted this on the NHL 2K8 forums at www.gamefaq.com

Here they are. The names for the all-decade teams for the 1990s and the 1980s. I will list them as follows: Name (number I give them or number they already had).

Please look carefully at your tv screen and make sure that you are indeed putting in the name for a C1 or a C2, or a G1 or a G2 before you put in the names. Not all teams list centers as C1, C2, C3, and so forth in order.

Keep in mind that several players on the 1980s roster have not been figured out yet (I have an idea who some of them are, but don't want to put the names in until I'm positive).

If you want to give these players the numbers I gave them, you'll obviously have to switch the numbers around since 2K Sports gave the wrong numbers to many players on historic teams on purpose.

1990s roster...

C1: Mario Lemieux (66)

C3: Steve Yzerman (19)

L1: Luc Robitaille (20)

R1: Pavel Bure (10)

R2: Brett Hull (16)

R3: Theoren Fleury (14)

D2: Brian Leetch (2)

D3: Al MacInnis (22)

D6: Scott Stevens (4)

G1: Patrick Roy (33)

1980s roster...

C1: Wayne Gretzky (99)

C2: Mark Messier (11)

C4: Bryan Trottier (19)

C5: Dale Hawerchuk (10)

L1: Michel Goulet (16)

L2: Kent Nilsson (15)

R1: Mike Bossy (22)

R2: Jari Kurri (17)

R4: Mike Gartner (12)

D1: Paul Coffey (Give him whatever number you want, but he wore 7 for the Oilers)

D2: Ray Bourque (77)

D3: Denis Potvin (5)

D5: Larry Murphy (55)

D6: Mark Howe (2)

G1: Grant Fuhr (1) *he wore 1 early in his career with the Oilers before switching to 31*

G2: Billy Smith (31) *by giving Fuhr his orginal #1, Smith gets to wear his #31*

ENJOY!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everybody. With the number of views this thread had, it's apparent that some of you indeed do have NHL 2k8 and are using this thread for your historic rosters.

I took a break from NHL 2k8 for a while; however, I'm getting back into it. I still have not yet attempted the 1960s roster; however, I have done the 1970s roster for the all-decade teams.

This post is an update to inform you that I will post the 1970s rosters once I am finished with it (there's only two players I'm still working on. They are both centers, C2 and C5).

As for the 1980s team ... L2 may or MAY NOT be Kent Nilsson! My apologies for any inconveniences and for putting his name in the initial post. While double-checking my rosters, I came to realize that L2 on the 1980s team is probably not Nilsson. Once I figure out who that is, I will update it here.

There is one update for the 1980s team which I will give you right now. D4 on the 1980s team is OBVIOUSLY Phil Housley. I can't believe I didn't recognize it right away!

To reiterate: D4 on the 1980s is definitely Phil Housley; L2 might not be Kent Nilsson after all.

For your information, here are the players I am still working on...

1990s

NAILED IT

1980s

C6

L2 (may or may not be Nilsson)

R3

1970s

C2

C5

1960s

DID NOT ATTEMPT YET

Once again, my apologies for any inconvenience(s). Hopefully, I figure out those remaining players on the 80s and 70s teams soon so that I may post them for your enjoyment before I work on the 60s roster. ENJOY!

Hello everybody. It turns out that L2 was indeed NOT Nilsson on the 1980s team. L1 also was not Michel Goulet! In fact, L1 is actually Glenn Anderson, and Michel Goulet is L2.

All that remains on the 80s team right now is figuring out who the hell R3 is. Obviously, I'll post it once it comes to mind and I figure it out.

In the meantime, here's the update on the rosters.

1990s roster

C1: Mario Lemieux

C3: Steve Yzerman

L1: Luc Robitaille

R1: Pavel Bure

R2: Brett Hull

R3: Theoren Fleury

D2: Brian Leetch

D3: Al MacInnis

D6: Scott Stevens

G1: Patrick Roy

1980s roster

C1: Wayne Gretzky

C2: Mark Messier

C3: Peter Stastny

C4: Bryan Trottier

C5: Dale Hawerchuk

C6: Denis Savard

L1: Glenn Anderson

L2: Michel Goulet

R1: Mike Bossy

R2: Jari Kurri

R3:

R4: Mike Gartner

D1: Paul Coffey

D2: Ray Bourque

D3: Denis Potvin

D4: Phil Housley

D5: Larry Murphy

D6: Mark Howe

G1: Grant Fuhr

G2: Billy Smith

1970s roster

C1: Phil Esposito

C2:

C3: Bobby Clarke

C4: Gilbert Perreault

C5:

C6: Jean Ratelle

L1: Steve Shutt

L2: Richard Martin

L3: Johnny Bucyk

R1: Guy LaFleur

R2: Rene Robert

R3: Rod Gilbert

D1: Bobby Orr

D2: Brad Park

D3: Larry Robinson

D4: Borje Salming

D5: Guy Lapointe

D6: Serge Savard

G1: Ken Dryden

G2: Tony Esposito

As you can see, there are 2 centers on the 1970s team I still must figure out; likewise, there is on right-winger on the 1980s team to figure out as well.

I can't believe it didn't occur to me earlier, but I finally realize who R3 is on the 1980s roster! It is none other than Dino Ciccarelli! This concludes the 1980s roster (displayed below). ENJOY!

1980s Roster

C1: Wayne Gretzky (99)

C2: Mark Messier (11)

C3: Peter Stastny (26)

C4: Bryan Trottier (19)

C5: Dale Hawerchuk (10)

C6: Denis Savard (18)

L1: Glenn Anderson (9)

L2: Michel Goulet (16)

R1: Mike Bossy (22)

R2: Jari Kurri (17)

R3: Dino Ciccarelli (20)