NHL'94 Forums

Aj's Bid For Commish Of Gdl

angryjay93

AJ, is there anyway we can push up those dates a little for a 3/15 start date? When it's all said and done, the two week hiatus will be more like 6-8 weeks for most of use who didn't advance beyond the 2nd round.

If not, I'm cool with an end of March date. Just starting to get the 'draft itch'.

Thanks for taking the reins chief.

Peace

If it was demanded by a lot of people that we move things up, then yeah, it can be done. I just like the idea of a hiatus so that everyone gets a little wind down period from the last league and gear up for a new one. Also it allows people to hopefully get a more clear idea of what their schedule over the next few months may be and they can make a better decision on whether or not they will have the time for draft league. We also have to keep in mind that classic league is starting to get going soon as well, so some people may need to choose one or the other and i dont want people to over commit themselves only to drop out later on in the league.

We could start preparing some things soon, like a thread of whos returning and also new guys who might want in.

That kind of defeats the purpose of a hiatus, but then again i suppose this 2 week break were on right now is a hiatus in its own right, as a comprimise ill post sign ups the day after the final.

angryjay93 said:
I think a 1 man show is the most efficient way to do things, in GDL 2 we tried to do a committee and it quickly fell through once we discovered it was a cumbersome and slow process. Things seem to run better with one dude at the helm and the rest of the league being allowed to speak their voice when neccessary. While I'm not the most qualified person in terms of creating roms and such. i have although, been around a while and in a ton of different leagues, im around a lot, most people are cool with me, and i think i have some good ideas for the upcoming league.

Deleted

Edited by Flames4LifeFLA

no need for hiatus, some guys like hokkee have been done for over a month. And we are already waiting 2 weeks for finals. This isnt the nhl I dont see how people are going to be drained and need a break.

I think we should have the draft order ready before end of finals, and start the draft right after it.

As for carse, I think a better penalty for him is to just kick him out. He brings nothing to a league and almost always shi ts on it. Don't know if the playoff thing was done right, but constantly insulting donch who put in tons of hours for this league, just shows the kind of person carse is and always will be.

I agree with Habs, no need for a hiatus. Don't see why it would be a problem to begin with an official thread for returning coaches sign ups now during this break of waiting for the finals to be completed. Then it could be opened up for public (or waiting list) signups. Considering most of the vets around here are sound like they are interested in returning (cept a few), this should be a relatively quick process. As I see it, might as well get it out of the way and use this 2 week break for that initial process. As far as AJ as commish, sounds good to me.

Well boys still in Vancouver/whistler probably not gonna be gettin home till march now ......just wanted to let everyone know i feel bad for delaying the league like this but its kinda outta my control ...ill try to update u in March and read the forum ASAP

I think we should just go ahead with all preparations now regarding the GDL4 draft.

I would say just make a deadline for people who want attempt to finish their last regular season games.

That would be fair so they dont get their draft spot effected. Eventhough I think its dumb that we are punishing coaches for not finishing those games.

Lets just wipe the slate clear and go from there.

• 1 year later...
I would be interested to see if Halifax would have any interest in helping out with league administration, if he wouldn't want to play? Not so much as a decision-maker, if you feel a one-man show is most efficient...

Seems like he does a really nice job of the running the SNES League, keeping on guys that need to play games, updating that situation regularly with posts for example. How he releases League Notes on a frequent basis is a great touch, like a weekly league newsletter.

DaDonch, if interested, would also be a guy that would be a great fit for this.

Just a thought, as you were looking for some feedback.

ya halifax needs to be involved

I don't think I had noticed this before...it's quite late for me to post(year and half later)...but nonetheless..thanks for the compliment fellas.

Guest Houlanov
lol and habs wanted me kicked oot of the league.. which would have been the first and only time he would have eliminated me from a lg XD XD XD

USA USA USA

he believes! XD!

lol and habs wanted me kicked oot of the league.. which would have been the first and only time he would have eliminated me from a lg XD XD XD

USA USA USA

Gotta love how americans turn individual disputes into national causes...

Epic ironic statement.. one american makes a statement and suddenly all americans do..

No worrys FPB you will learn about that one in 10 grade

`

Nah, just taking examples on you, Wags, and generally USA sports fan, when they cheer ''USA'' when they play canadian team, like if they still won, if any other American team than them won to the hands of a canadian one .