NHL'94 Forums

PITTSBURGH CHOKES TONIGHT!

HABS

wags ownt.

Congratulations Detroit Red Wings 2008 Stanley Cup champs, dominated every team throughly like I've never seen before.

they were outshot just once in the playoffs, 26-29, by nashville. dallas tied them 29-29 once. crazy. only 3 games did they give up more than 30 shots, and one of thsoe went to 3 OTs and was just 32.

feel bad for fleury on that third one...not really his fault since he didnt know where it was...but he has all summer to think about it.

Guest Wags13

Have your fun boys.. but this wasn't supposed to be the year anyway.. and they certainly made it a lot farther than Montreal did.. got revenge on Ottawa, beat the hated Rangers and Flyers (especially the Flyers) along the way and admittedly played their worst hockey in the Cup Finals..but as they learned their lesson last year in the first round..now they've learned their lesson that you gotta at least split on the road and can't piss away those games..

Have your fun boys.. but this wasn't supposed to be the year anyway.. and they certainly made it a lot farther than Montreal did.. got revenge on Ottawa, beat the hated Rangers and Flyers (especially the Flyers) along the way and admittedly played their worst hockey in the Cup Finals..but as they learned their lesson last year in the first round..now they've learned their lesson that you gotta at least split on the road and can't piss away those games..

Word.

A lot of people are hating on you wags for rooting for the Pens, but how did their teams fare?

Let's hope free agency goes well, and look out for the Penguins next year!

Well-played, PIT. The last two games were some of the best hockey games I've ever seen at any level. They had a very Frozen Four feel to them.

Now PIT needs to forget about it all and get down to the task at hand -- who stays, who goes? Keep Hossa? Keep Gonchar? If Roberts comes back, do you want him back?

It seems crazy, but PIT's window may close very quickly if they don't tackle this offseaosn very carefully...

feel bad for fleury on that third one...not really his fault since he didnt know where it was...but he has all summer to think about it.

Interestingly enough, it made me immediately think about the goal he gave up that cost CAN the WJC's.

I guess now we'll truly find out if he's the next in elite goalies, or if he was just a flash in the pan. One goal can east away and ruin a goalie's entire career. Just ask Tommy Soderstrom...

Gonchar's not going anywhere. He's got two years left on his deal and has gone from a major bust to underpaid for his performance. Maybe you're thinking of Orpik? He's probably gone. Shero is a sharp guy. I have faith in him.

Well-played, PIT. The last two games were some of the best hockey games I've ever seen at any level. They had a very Frozen Four feel to them.

Now PIT needs to forget about it all and get down to the task at hand -- who stays, who goes? Keep Hossa? Keep Gonchar? If Roberts comes back, do you want him back?

It seems crazy, but PIT's window may close very quickly if they don't tackle this offseaosn very carefully...

That window will close if the GM screws up bigtime.

Gonchar - not a free agent, but Brooks Orpik is. Orpik was kind of a let down in the reg season, but really good in the post season. Much better than Hal Gill, who lacks puck control in his own end.

Hossa - the only way to keep him is a 1 year contract. The Pens can't keep him long term when Malkin gets his long term contract deal. But hopefully his absence will be made up with the growth of Crosby, Malkin, and Stall.

The key player is Ryan Malone. If he commands too much money, he's out... but he'll be hard to replace.

I could see roberts retiring even though he probably could play another year. The pens farm team will have some good players as well that might make the big club next season. One of the more notables they have is Alex Goligoski who just recently set the rookie record for points by a defenceman in the calder cup playoffs.

pens of this year could be like the oilers who lost in 83, then came back to win it in 84 (and 85, 87, 88, 90)

or the salary cap can destroy that notion.

How would the Oilers have faired under a salary cap? I don't think the Yankees would spend that much money!

the pens are in limbo in this off-season for sure

I'd just like to point out NHL 94 2008 ROM's predictions, which has already went 2 for 2 in the playoffs for predicting winners.

GAME 1 PIT

GAME 2 DET

GAME 3 DET

GAME 4 PIT

GAME 5 DET

GAME 6 DET

Although it went an abysmal 2 for 6 on who actually won which game, it was bang on for the number of games and eventual stanley cup champion. Clearly, it is an accurate prediction tool, now having gone 3 for 3.

Anyways, I was standing up until the end of the game after the Pens brought it to a 1 goal a game. I actually thought Hossa(?) poked it into the net on that last buzzer beater flick, and was thinking it was gonna go to video review. What a finish, congrats to the Wings.

Word.

A lot of people are hating on you wags for rooting for the Pens, but how did their teams fare?

Let's hope free agency goes well, and look out for the Penguins next year!

nah I didnt make this post to hate on the Penguins or because Wags roots for em, its just revenge for what wags posted during MTL/BOS first round. I actually liked the Pens alot until I realized Wags is a pens fan, I know alot guys on this forum are pens fans too so tough loss but this isnt a shot at you guys. Just some fun.

and I agree with hokk, Carolina Edmonton series was the best finals I have seen in my time.

or the salary cap can destroy that notion.

How would the Oilers have faired under a salary cap? I don't think the Yankees would spend that much money!

the pens are in limbo in this off-season for sure

Oh yeah, good point. Hm... guess we'll see!