NHL'94 Forums

Blitz League Sign Up Thread

This is a sign up thread for the upcoming NHL94 Blitz League (Gens version)

Quick league summary:

• Multiple 12-team leagues. 4x11=44 games per season (maybe just 22 in first season).
  • Promotion/relegation at end of season
  • you keep half your team between seasons (randomly, but evenly, chosen), and there is a draft for the guys you lost.
  • Goalies have been improved about 6 points (except belfour and roy).
  • Player weights (which directly affect checking ability) have been adjusted to reflect the players' expected checking effectiveness. Lindros, Neely, Stevens, etc. are tough now.
  • No waiting list -- new players get inserted into the tryout ("C") league (except maybe near end of season)
  • (more info)

To sign up for the league:

JUST POST AN AIM ACCOUNT and/or EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW.

You can list what team you want, but the selection will be unofficial. You'll be able to reconsider later, before the draft. The teams are the original '94 teams (but different weights, and you'll lose some in the draft).

You can also say which league you would like to be in, the main "A" or "B" leagues, or the "C" training league. Depending on the number of coaches signing up, you might not get into the particular league you asked for.

Misc

You must leave an AIM instant messaging account or email address so I can easily contact you to verify that you are still interested when I'm ready to start the league. If you want me to email you at your AIM address, then you need to post it as 'youraccount@aim.com', otherwise I will only look for you online on AIM. If I have trouble finding you on AIM, I'll also try sending a message through this forum, which should email you.. You can get AIM at www.aim.com. It is the de facto standard instant messenger of the NHL94 community.

I hope to start the league in about 2 weeks (I still need to finish up the website and hammer out the rules).

---------

Current signups (league choice subject to change due to demand)

1. B - metzgerism
  2. B - thegr8199kings
  3. A - hokkeefan2
  4. bigchiefjay1016
  5. B - Rage93
  6. A - sebe82
  7. A - flamingpavelbure
  8. A - maddmac94
  9. TessLog
  10. BeefJerkyRules6
  11. snoboarder3211
  12. Vocally Caged
  13. Icestorm NHL94
  14. WagsTh
  15. B - Dervin36
  16. smozoma
  17. B - vinniersmith
  18. A - minddefect

when do we write what team we want?

Actually, if you(or anyone) want(s) to make an unofficial team choice (or 2 or 3) right now, feel free.

Please edit your previous post, so all your info is in one place.

The teams are the original '94 teams.

You may want to try the (upcoming) ROM before settling on a team, though. That's part of why I don't want to make teams official yet.

Another reason I don't want to make it official is that the multiple leagues complicates things.

I feel like I may be on the fence between "B" and "A" league here, but there's something else to consider - I don't know if you're going to be able to get enough people to commit to this to make three divisions - you may want to make them much smaller (as small as, say, 8 a piece) or just go with a Premiership and a single lower division.

I feel like I may be on the fence between "B" and "A" league here, but there's something else to consider - I don't know if you're going to be able to get enough people to commit to this to make three divisions - you may want to make them much smaller (as small as, say, 8 a piece) or just go with a Premiership and a single lower division.

Yes, I've been thinking the same thing. We may just have an "A" league and a "C"/tryout league to start, or smaller leagues.

the A league I guess, if possible

AIM: minddefect

I'll go with Hartford

EDIT: I think there are some that have not yet stated which league level they prefer, that are better players than myself. I think I might have to end up being at level B, I wouldn't want to take someone elses deserved spot in A who is clearly better than I.

signup deadline for A and B leagues is 11:59pm Saturday (EST)

C league signups are always welcome (even mid-season, you will be added to the league)

AIM: rynweinmeyer

email: rweinmeyer@hotmail.com

"A" league

1.det 2. bos 3. dal 4. la

As the deadline was last Saturday, I will put you in the "C"/Farm league, but currently you're the only one.

Once there are more people in "C", you'll have games to play, and the top guys will get promoted to B (or possibly A..) for the next season. You'll also be in line for taking over no-show coaches in B or A.

Detroit Vancouver is yours (in "C")

As the deadline was last Saturday, I will put you in the "C"/Farm league, but currently you're the only one.

Once there are more people in "C", you'll have games to play, and the top guys will get promoted to B (or possibly A..) for the next season. You'll also be in line for taking over no-show coaches in B or A.

Detroit is yours (in "C")

ok, sounds good...can i change my team to vancouver, sry. thot they were taken for A/B league....thx

ok, sounds good...can i change my team to vancouver, sry. thot they were taken for A/B league....thx

K, Vancouver's yours in "C"

• 8 months later...

Hi. I'm clockwise and I like French fried potaters. I believe that everyone should be in the Luft Waffle Blitzkrieg League because it's good for your body. Also every machine needs a loose screw and I could fill that position nicely.

I know there has to be a vacancy for the potentiality that I will have a chance to play, but that doesn't bother me because I know the mob works in mysterious ways.

Thank you.

Hi. I'm clockwise and I like French fried potaters. I believe that everyone should be in the Luft Waffle Blitzkrieg League because it's good for your body. Also every machine needs a loose screw and I could fill that position nicely.

I know there has to be a vacancy for the potentiality that I will have a chance to play, but that doesn't bother me because I know the mob works in mysterious ways.

Thank you.

Considering I'm struggling to find the time to play my blitz games, I would be willing to give my team to Jesus, I'm sure he would do a much better job at getting his games played. Subject to Smoz's approval of course.

• 2 months later...