NHL'94 Forums

Blitz League Season 1 draft has started!

The draft has started.

The first player drafted was Tomas Sandstrom, by minddefect.

Draft Website

You can pick here: http://www.blitz.com/draftab/makepick.asp

If you'd like, download Excel sheet draft player list on the downloads page: Draft Player List. It lists all the players and their attributes.

Passwords

For those who didn't send me a password, your password is your name in the dropdown box on the draft page.

You can still change your password from the default by AIMing me or sending me a message through the forum messaging system.

Draft Constraints

Duplicate players: can only be drafted once (e.g., only one team can draft Vanbiesbrouk).

6F,4D,2G: In this season, you can not acquire more than 6 forwards or 4 defensemen or 2 goalies at any one time.

Pick Deadlines

The automated draft system doesn't support deadlines on picks yet, so, for the first few rounds, we just pick in order. Hopefully no one is too slow...

I hope to add deadlines to the system this weekend.

Draft Discussion

There is a Draft & Trade Talk subforum.

Trading

There is no trading until after all teams have 9 players (just to keep things simple this first season).

I.e. there is no trading until after I have received the second batch of protected players. (Remember that the draft in this first season goes: protect 3 players, draft 3 players, protect 3 players, draft 3 players).

You can trade a maximum of 6 players (or draft picks).

Once you trade a guy, you can't get him back this season (pretend he's miffed at being traded).

the page is down, but i was MacInnis in the draft :bad_smile:

The site is back up. Sorry about that -- i'm still running the site off my computer, and I had to finish up some GDL games and didn't want the lag. I will be putting everything on a real server this weekend.

Where the heck is snoboarder?? lets get this show moving???

he tried to pick this morning, but he said it wasn't working. hopefully he'll give it another try soon..

Where the heck is snoboarder?? lets get this show moving???

Oh, the irony :blink:

I almost think we should make a separate forum topic, for any of us to post a draft list, in advance, so someone could put 5 or so players listed in order of priority, for their next upcoming pick, so smozoma or someone else even (since probably most of our passwords are not too hard to figure out anyways :) ) could just make the pick for them just in case a certain coach might happen to be MIA too long during his next pick, holding things up a bit.

Have a set amount of hours for someone to be able make their pick themselves, if they don't by the given time, and they hopefully have a list, smozoma could just put it right in as long as one of those players are still up for grabs. Just a suggestion, i just don't want commitment and interest from any coaches in this league, to crumble bit by bit over time if this draft moves a little too slowly.

I know this might not be preferable, since some people might not wanna reveal a probably sleeper pick or hidden gem players or whatever, but I think most of us coaches know enough about the nhl94 stats and such that I don't even think that it's really that much of an issue.

35 hours and counting is getting a bit rediculous. I was chatting with smo last night and he said, deadlines will be put in place very soon.

Also, I disagree about posting lists as they can easily be PMed to smo.

The problem is that you didnt let smo know you would be gone all weekend AND you even told Carse to hurry it up.

Just about having respect for your fellow coaches. A 2 man draft list would have been nice for smo to have before you left.

Guest Wags13

Just find it funny that Carse gets a free pass but everyone jumps on me.. when I was waiting for him all day Friday..

Considering there is a bug now and the whole thing might get scrapped.. much ado about nothing?

Just find it funny that Carse gets a free pass but everyone jumps on me.. when I was waiting for him all day Friday..

Considering there is a bug now and the whole thing might get scrapped.. much ado about nothing?

i don't think he got a free pass. he was gone 22 hours. that's like.. half of 44.

anyway moving on. or backwards.