NHL'94 Forums

Draft Round 2 deadline system

In the second round, we're moving to deadlines 26 hours since the second-last pick. (i know the topic says 24.. i can't change it :mellow:)

What this means is that you should check the site at least every ~24 hours, and if your pick is soon, have a 2-player list and send it to me if you won't be around before your deadline and after the deadline of the guy before you.

Eventually I will build lists into the automated draft system.. you'll be able to set up your lists on your own and the site will automatically pick your guy when the time comes.

Special case:

- no deadlines will be closer than 2 hours, so sometimes up to 2 hours get added to a deadline.

simple example:

(not actual deadlines.. just what they would be)

Round 2

2nd pick was made July 2 4pm

3rd pick was made July 2 8pm

4th pick deadline is (2nd+26hrs) = July 3, 6pm

5th pick deadline is (3rd+26hrs) = July 3, 10pm

Complicated example:

Round 1

17th pick was made July 1, 12pm

18th pick was made July 1, 3pm (deadline was 17th+26hrs = July 2 2pm)

Round 2

1st pick deadline is (17th+26hrs) = July 2 2pm, BUT that is same as rd1 18th deadline, so add 2 hours, July 2 4pm

2nd pick deadline is (18th+26hrs) = July 2, 5pm, BUT that is 1 hour after last deadline, so increase to July 2 6pm

Amendment:

• No deadline shall be between 12am - 10am EST (9pm - 7am PST)
  • If a deadline would be between these hours, it is delayed until exactly 10am EST.

So, deadlines are between 10am in the morning and 12am midnight.

The 7am PST seems quite early, but making a list the night before should be pretty easy..

Amendment:

• Deadlines won't get entered into the system until two hours have passed since the last pick

This way, if there are several picks made in a short period of time, we don't end up with a deadline 30+ hours in the future due to the "minimum 2 hours between deadlines" rule stacking up repeatedly.