NHL'94 Forums

going for the cup with permanently pulled goalie

this is actually fun and challenging for me, and i have to try my best (short of using lame money goals) to be competitive with the computer. going on a quest for the cup with the flyers... first season, i was eliminated in 6 by buffalo in the first round in overtime.

now going for it against the habs in the first round...

I tried and couldnt make it out of the first round, too many shots get blocked and trickle in on me :S

I'll try the more challenging way, putting Kelly Hrudey in net :P

He is so damn under-appreciated. Why is he continually ripped on when I can name 4 other starters who are worse?

Irbe

Healy

Beaupre

Young

He is so damn under-appreciated. Why is he continually ripped on when I can name 4 other starters who are worse?

Irbe

Healy

Beaupre

Young

http://mcapewell.servehttp.com/nhl94/boxscore.asp?gameid=117

(really though, I think it has a lot to do with how he went to the finals and is still rated so poorly.. and expansion teams obviously don't count.. and beaupre stones me all the time on dekes.. ok healy is pretty brutal, though)

finally succeeded in about my 5th attempt, with a thrilling series victory in 6 games over the sabres.

lindros is absolutely playing out of his mind, and has to play the full 15 minutes + OT every game because of his extra attacker status. his line through 6 games: 12 G, 6 A, 18 PTS on 43 SOG.

now onto the habs...

• 2 weeks later...

I'VE DONE IT!

eastern quarters: flyers over sabres 4 games to 2

eastern semis: flyers over penguins 4 games to 3

eastern finals: flyers over canadiens 4 games to 3

stanley cup finals: flyers over red wings 4 games to 1.

game 1 - flyers 5 - red wings 4 (OT) - gwg greg hawgood

game 2 - red wings 7 - flyers 6 (OT) - gwg steve yzerman

game 3 - flyers 7 - red wings 6 (OT) - gwg mark recchi

game 4 - flyers 6 - red wings 5 (OT) - gwg andrei lomakin

game 5 - flyers 5 - red wings 4 - gt ppg lomakin, gw ppg lindros in final minute

conn smythe goes to lindros - 39 g, 19 a, 58 pts in 25 gp.

G leaders: lindros (39), brindamour (22), recchi (18), eklund (10), lomakin (8), dineen (7), acton (5)

A leaders: lindros (19), brindamour (15), eklund (14), hawgood (14), dineen (13), recchi (11), lomakin (9)

P leaders: lindros (58), brindamour (37), recchi (29), eklund (24), dineen (20), hawgood (18), lomakin (17)

if anyone has some solitary downtime and a sega i highly suggest this, most fun i've had playing the computer in 15 years.

There is a post about this in the depths of the NHL forum, one guy completed this task with Calgary and he used some of their worst players plus Robert Reichel.

I myself also completed this feat with quebec, Chirs Simon, Tony Twist, Gino Cavalini, steve Finn, and Craig Wolanin with Scott Young as the extra attacker.

It is great fun to try this, especially with the worst players on the team.