NHL'94 Forums

Anyone up for making a PC roster update this year?

Three Stars

Yirmiahu was kind enough to get things started last year, so a good bit of the work is already done: we don't have to create the league from scratch.

However, there's still a lot to do. Counting up through the "Ks" I see at least 40 players that need to be created from scratch. There are also attribute adjustments to make, trades to catch up on...etc. The existing update has some values boosted above 100, with varying results. The speed is nice. With the strongest shooters, shot power over a certain value will have the players shoot backwards (i.e. away from the net, not towards) with full windups and one-timers. (The value rolls over, I suspect).

I've started moving players to the correct teams using NHLINFO (again, up through the Ks), but I have no particular talent for rating or creating players, and don't necessarily know lines and defense pairings for teams not from Pittsburgh. So, I am asking for assistance from the community in this regard.

Yirmiahu's update has Minnesota and Atlanta inserted as the All-Star teams. This could certainly be changed if people felt strongly about Columbus and Nashville.

As the creator of the EDGE jersey update, I'm happy to create, update and move whatever jerseys we need, and even create 3rd jerseys as they are unveiled.

I see that at least one person was messing around with the EXE trying to increase the number of teams, but was not successful. This is something else that one of the technical wizards around here could dabble with.

Just trying to gauge interest in a project like this. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Updated jerseys and rosters for all NHL teams would be very welcome! No matter for me if we could not have 30 teams exe-file. I can load those rosters and jerseys from different files if someone just make them for me :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

I'm doing one from the original NHL95 rosters, they should be complete in a week or so. I have stayed true to the mechanics of the original game - any re-rate I've ever seen has always been absurdly inflated in all respects. Ovechkin's the only one with 100 Shot Power, Niedermayer the only one with 100 Speed, etc.

About the expansion teams - since none of them are particularly good this year (or so it appears), my plan was simply to have the best players from their teams available in Free Agency, so if you wanted to imagine a world where they didn't exist, you could.

If someone else could do the jerseys/icons, that would be tremendous, as I have absolutely no skill in that area.

I'm doing one from the original NHL95 rosters, they should be complete in a week or so. I have stayed true to the mechanics of the original game - any re-rate I've ever seen has always been absurdly inflated in all respects. Ovechkin's the only one with 100 Shot Power, Niedermayer the only one with 100 Speed, etc.

About the expansion teams - since none of them are particularly good this year (or so it appears), my plan was simply to have the best players from their teams available in Free Agency, so if you wanted to imagine a world where they didn't exist, you could.

If someone else could do the jerseys/icons, that would be tremendous, as I have absolutely no skill in that area.

I'll do the jerseys. I have my jerseys from last year (which include logos valid through last year) and it shouldn't be too much trouble to add the 3rd jerseys as they are released.

Let me know if you're adapting the All Star teams into NHL teams, so I can get the right jerseys in there.

I'll do the jerseys. I have my jerseys from last year (which include logos valid through last year) and it shouldn't be too much trouble to add the 3rd jerseys as they are released.

Let me know if you're adapting the All Star teams into NHL teams, so I can get the right jerseys in there.

I'm not adapting the All-Star Teams into NHL teams. I have 'finished' - I'll start a new thread for it.

Awesome - can't wait to see the icons/jerseys.