NHL'94 Forums

smozoma hack ideas / suggestions

I've finished this for now. I haven't interfered with any of the extension naming so using the F6 and F7 buttons to change the extension still works. All this does is append the date to filename, so I decided not to add any checkboxes, though I may try and do that just for fun! B)

Smoz: I'd like it if you could look over what I've done, as again I'm not a C++ guy, and want to make sure there aren't any buffer overruns and that Roenick isn't even better now! Do you want me to add this to the github build or is there a gens-netplaysave build or should I just send you the code changes?

Obviously this isn't the same build as the gens-netplaysave, so I'm wondering how we distribute to those who want to use it.

Obviously this isn't the same build as the gens-netplaysave, so I'm wondering how we distribute to those who want to use it.

How can this code you added be added to the same gens-netplaysave.exe" file that we use?

This is key.

Edit: I mean this is key, unless the version that Atomic worked on has the ability to save during Netplay already... does it?

Edited by aqualizard

How can this code you added be added to the same gens-netplaysave.exe" file that we use?

This is key.

Edit: I mean this is key, unless the version that Atomic worked on has the ability to save during Netplay already... does it?

Good point.

That fix is super easy, it actually just involved deleting the line(s) of code preventing saving.

Good point.

That fix is super easy, it actually just involved deleting the line(s) of code preventing saving.

How about I grab the Gens v14 (http://www.gens.me/downloads.shtml), make the change where it prevents saving ( i think I know where this is ) and add the timestamp?

Or do we go with the Github version? I seems you are working on other things in this one...

Edited by AtomicRaven

Hack into Wboy's brain and convince him to come back.

"Show me the money!"

NOSE 1.3b (10 year anniversary edition)

New:

CryptoLocker support - encrypts all your ROM files and make you pay wboy's bitcoin account to get them back!

• 1 year later...