NHL'94 Forums

How to get rid of ties?

I am working on an update for that fantasy rom i and SY made in 07, and i want the rules to be like current NHL..no ties in regular season. Consecutive OT's until someone scores. Anyone have an idea on how to make it happen?

You could probably just make the OT period really long. It wouldn't be multiple periods, but it could be long enough to guarantee that a goal would eventually be scored.

I don't believe there's a way to automate a shootout into the thing, but it's easy to do a "soft" endless OT, just by restarting the game after OT1 (which should be the same as a period length, usually 5:00).

I think we found a way to actually play playoff games against each other like this, or something. The problem is that the Classic ROM has 256 first round matchups, and they are all locked in by conference - in order to account for all 30 current teams, you would have to have 870 first round matchups - 435 if you are not playing outside of your conference.

I don't believe there's a way to automate a shootout into the thing, but it's easy to do a "soft" endless OT, just by restarting the game after OT1 (which should be the same as a period length, usually 5:00).

I think we found a way to actually play playoff games against each other like this, or something. The problem is that the Classic ROM has 256 first round matchups, and they are all locked in by conference - in order to account for all 30 current teams, you would have to have 870 first round matchups - 435 if you are not playing outside of your conference.

But you can edit the playoffs to have non conference teams playing each other in the first round if you so desire.