NHL'94 Forums

I am excited to get NHL 95 working for pc but,,,

NHLGamerSince1994

Well I figured out how to make it fulscreen prety quickly, but I can't get my controller to work right. I don't know how to edit controls so I have to use the joystick instead of the directional buttons on my controller, which won't calibrate right. The keyboard owrks fine for playing, but I only have figured out two controls, shoot (enter or spade) and pass (either alt) with is basically b and c on the sega, but what is a? I have no clue how to change lines or dump the pick, and I think you can do another kind of check from messing around with buttons. If anyone can help give me a holla. I still am sad nhl 96 won't work, and I can't find any freeware iso making software for making an image bla bla bal I've spent 2 days with dosbox and nhl 96, nothing works. Also the hex modifier will not install, it freezes at 99% on the installshield, but I am going to try installing it onto a flash drive via my old xp computer tonight, which usually works. If anyone has any idea how I can edit controls in NHL 95 for pc please let me know, or If you know what they are that would help!

why would you want to change the controls?

changing lines are the f keys (F1-F4 for home team, F5-F8 for away). you can also pull the goalie with f9 and f10.

there is no dump the puck button.

you can hook and hold holding space and alt together but i've never made this a successful defensive play.

I want to change the controls so I can use the D-pad instead of the Joystick, as I stated. If you don't know, the d-pad is the oldschool arrows on sega genesis/snes/nintendo/saturn etc controllers, they were the most common until Playstation and Dreamcast and N64 added the round arcade style joystick to the controllers. It is a tad harder to control most older games with the joystick, and I have no idea why the d-pad doesn't work on dosbox. At the start of NHL 95 it has the calibration area but it does not work well, so I cannot move the players hardly at all with the controller. Oh well I guess for dosbox I will have to stick with the wireless keyboard. I doubt there is a way to fix it, as older sports games did not feature editing controls and this game doesn't either, it only allows you to select which controller players 1/2 are using. I definitly think NHL96 for the pc is a lot better, and I am suprised most people disagree. Sure 95 is more like the genesis games, but it was more all of the features of NHL96, and that it was the 1st hockey game of its kind, I mean from 95 to 96 the graphics and performance of the game jumped hugely, more than between any other two games, and with changable camera angles, full career stats for all of the players, a whole deck of hockey cards to look at, I believe they were the brand "fleer" and there also were stat comparers and the best interface of any sports game at the time. I loved that game, I played it for 3 months with no sound until I got a new computer, that's how good the game was at the time. I can only keep praying that somehow I get NHL 96 to work on xp or vista.

it has been a long time since i played nhl96 and i didn't play it much, but nhl95 is by far the superior game. i mean it's not close.

i can't help with any dosbox problems. try using vdms - NHL95.com recommended this program, and i did get joysticks to work in it. nothing more i can say but that.