NHL'94 Forums

Multiple Site ID's

IceStorm70

There has been some cases where multiple site id's have been created by the same user. In some cases it's legit (brother/friend etc), other cases it's not legit.

Some people have tried to join the same league with 2 different sign on names. Unfortunately when someone does that it cheapens the league and also creates an unfair advantage for that person.

A couple people have been confronted privately and refuse to admit it. Nor do they say 'it's just a friend etc'. They had the opportunity to come clean and admit it and move on. BUt they chose not to do that. So their accounts have all been suspended.

Anyway, this is just an fyi to the community. 99% of everyone is honest and respectful of this free and awesome site Evan has given to us. But there's always a small minority of people who abuse it and create unfair circumstances.

I don't know what the answer is for all of this if any. Maybe just a permanent post that identifies people with multiple accounts. The community can deal with it as they see fit.

But this is just an fyi so there are no rumors etc out there.

Some people have tried to join the same league with 2 different sign on names. Unfortunately when someone does that it cheapens the league and also creates an unfair advantage for that person.

A couple people have been confronted privately and refuse to admit it. Nor do they say 'it's just a friend etc'. They had the opportunity to come clean and admit it and move on. But they chose not to do that. So their accounts have all been suspended.

Who? Why don't you mention names? I still don't see the advantages of having two or more accounts.

Interesting the people who choose to respond to this thread in a negative way.

Anyway, This was put out there as an fyi. What ramifications (f any) come out of it have yet to be determined.

Houly, since you have decided to come out and call me an expletive I'll just leave it at this: I asked you one on one privately, several times to come clean and admit your multiple id's, you know, the one claiming to be in Florida and also Montreal and Brantford ON, and you flatly denied it. Said I was a stalker and on drugs. I wasn't going to out you publicly at all, just come clean dude, but you decided to not 'man up' on the situation and admit your abuse of the site.

Yes, having multiple accounts on the site is abuse. Especially when you consider one player has multiple teams in the same league. I think everyone would agree there is a serious conflict of interest going on there, let alone blatant cheating.

Personally if people want to have more than one account fine, just admit it, make it publicly known and move on. At least this way when I'm playing team A I know that Team D is the same player. IF you fail to see an issue with keeping ur multiple id's secret then its obvious the person has a lack of gaming ethics and probably beyond that.

I like this idea. Known offenders AND suspicious users, right? I've got four we can list, that's for sure (I believe hokkee is reformed, but I'm not saying that if you're on probation that I should be your lazy parole officer).

Plus, as a league commissioner, I'm just itching to catch master and prodigy in a lie. In fact, I will talk to you both later today to try and confirm you are not the same person once again - it's time for a re-test. Maybe SNES Classic will be an 11-team league...

So like I said, I've got four names...

Plus, as a league commissioner, I'm just itching to catch master and prodigy in a lie. In fact, I will talk to you both later today to try and confirm you are not the same person once again - it's time for a re-test. Maybe SNES Classic will be an 11-team league...

You don't have anything. You can't catch something that doesn't exist. After you and your group of bozos were left looking stupid, are you still not convinced? So you can be anxious and chomping at the bit all you want, because it's never going to happen. I've proved my innocence, and was found innocent. Isn't there a law about not being tried for the same crime after being found innocent? Yeah, I like an 11 team classic league, even smaller for the people who DON'T PLAY GAMES!! Might want to look in the mirror and pass it around, feel free to pass it to some Gens players. In fact, ask Prodigy for a Gens game, let's see what he tells you.

Sounds like a witch hunt if you ask me, you shouldnt be itching to catch people in a lie if your a commish.

The boards are filled with paranoia today.

Sounds like a witch hunt if you ask me, you shouldnt be itching to catch people in a lie if your a commish.

The boards are filled with paranoia today.

If you had to deal with the BS metz had to put up with, you'd be itching too.

I like this idea. Known offenders AND suspicious users, right? I've got four we can list, that's for sure (I believe hokkee is reformed, but I'm not saying that if you're on probation that I should be your lazy parole officer).

I suspected that of Prodigy and Master as well when they both joined cap league with almost identical screen names. Both had similar playing style as well, glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought so as well.

When I first registered with this site I thought that I screwed up and ended up making another account, kupuck19 and kuapuck19. Wasn't intentional, I've never used kuapuck19. Plus I told Evan that soon after I registered for Fall 07 league.

-Vinnie

I suspected that of Prodigy and Master as well when they both joined cap league on the same day with almost identical screen names. Both had similar playing style as well, glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought so as well.

When I first registered with this site I thought that I screwed up and ended up making another account, kupuck19 and kuapuck19. Wasn't intentional, I've never used kuapuck19. Plus I told Evan that soon after I registered for Fall 07 league.

-Vinnie