NHL'94 Forums

Releasing of games

Carse

I think it is about time GDL gets the memo that releasing games slowly through the course of the season is completely pointless. EVERY season, we sit around for a month at the end with every single game released.. making the time released idea completely pointless. all that slowly releasing the games does is increase the chance of not every game being played, and make the season take longer. Thoughts on changing it?

I think it is about time GDL gets the memo that releasing games slowly through the course of the season is completely pointless. EVERY season, we sit around for a month at the end with every single game released.. making the time released idea completely pointless. all that slowly releasing the games does is increase the chance of not every game being played, and make the season take longer. Thoughts on changing it?

Actually we sit around longer during the playoffs :)

Damn this is deja vous all over again.

Honestly Carse, I don't mind either way. I'm not sure how the other guys feel about it. But I know that once Hokkee finishes his games in 3 days, he will pester us with posts about how everyone else isn't done and the playoffs need to start already.

:angry:

What do some of the other guys think? I think Carse brings up a valid point, and I would like to see everyone get all their games in. If this is something that would help achieve that goal, then I would be for it.

What do some of the other guys think? I think Carse brings up a valid point, and I would like to see everyone get all their games in. If this is something that would help achieve that goal, then I would be for it.

Haha true, guys like hokkee would probably finish their season in a week, but i think it is more for the guys who are harder to get ahold of. For example, i know that no matter when the games are realeased, i will see people like Ice, negative, and hokkee around to easily finish those games. I think it is more for the people who arent regularly on and tend to need to set dates w their availability at deadlines like sebe, or someone like swos who had the timezone workin against him. When i see these people on, i just think it would be easier to have the whole season to "by chance" run into them online than have to wait until it is released then maybe have to set up a date and get into that whole mess. Just a thought

Edited by Carse

oh cmon now ,dont use me as an excuse not to release games fearing i might play alL in a week and pester you guys to hurry up .. :lol: ..the only way i can play that much is if other coaches also want to play lots of games ...but anyways bo's idea sounds fair.i know most of league would like more games released but after a few guys say that the present way is best it seems they always get the decision, which is kind of stupid.GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!!!!

like cmon dudettes...people arent asking for 56 games to be released just 2 vs or basically anything more than it is atm

You do realize "just 2" against everyone is 46 correct? If we were to do that, why hold back the other 10...i dont really care to be honest, the season wont get done any sooner because deadlines will still be set and not everyone plays at the incredible pace that a certain handful of people do.

If you want to sit around and be inactive for 2 months, thats not my problem, plus its easier for me to make a schedule then, so i dont really care if we release them or not.

You do realize "just 2" against everyone is 46 correct? If we were to do that, why hold back the other 10...i dont really care to be honest, the season wont get done any sooner because deadlines will still be set and not everyone plays at the incredible pace that a certain handful of people do.

If you want to sit around and be inactive for 2 months, thats not my problem, plus its easier for me to make a schedule then, so i dont really care if we release them or not.

im working 6 days a week 13 hr shifts so it will take me a month at leats to finish gms if released so id only sit for a month haha but theres alot of lg gms to be played in other lgs

ok well maybe we should release a few more, cause nobody is on my sched.

Its not a big deal either way, this thing has been debated every season.

But it is better for the people who can only play during certain times, and then disappear for weeks.

What is the rest of the release schedule? For example... when were the next set of games planned on being released?

I think the guys at 10 games done can wait a day or two until those with only 1-2 games done to catch up... but we definitely want to avoid idleing too much at any cost.

yeah but, its all there.

even tho we are only say game day #2

you can still see who you play on game day #5 and can play those games, no?

currently all games can be played but only select games can be uploaded.

when i get home,ill discuss with donch and ice what to do about the schedule.

currently all games can be played but only select games can be uploaded.

when i get home,ill discuss with donch and ice what to do about the schedule.

Please don't release all the games at once.. it's just un-GDL!

A few more wouldn't be bad, though.

Currently the sched is set up as:

• Other conference division 1
  • Other conference division 2
  • Own division
  • Same conference, other division
  • Own division

Maybe the start of the season should be:

• Other conference, division 1
  • own division
  • other conference, division 2
  • same conference, other division
  • Own division

and release the first two sets right away

I like that idea. I don't think the order of releasing games matter (as long as it's pretty diverse, not releasing same division 2 times in a row), but the thing I like is releasing the first 2 sets right away.

The people that finish those 2 sets quickly will have to be patient with the release schedule. They can satiate their nhl94 first in other leagues.

It has it's flaws... but it is the GDL way.

Please don't release all the games at once.. it's just un-GDL!

A few more wouldn't be bad, though.

Currently the sched is set up as:

• Other conference division 1
  • Other conference division 2
  • Own division
  • Same conference, other division
  • Own division

Maybe the start of the season should be:

• Other conference, division 1
  • own division
  • other conference, division 2
  • same conference, other division
  • Own division

and release the first two sets right away

I like that idea. I don't think the order of releasing games matter (as long as it's pretty diverse, not releasing same division 2 times in a row), but the thing I like is releasing the first 2 sets right away.

The people that finish those 2 sets quickly will have to be patient with the release schedule. They can satiate their nhl94 first in other leagues.

It has it's flaws... but it is the GDL way.

The reason I suggest releasing own-division games is so you play your division at the start and at the end. If you do badly to start.. you can get better and make it up later

i was waiting for smozoma to come along with that post like he does every season and KILLS the idea of releasing more games although every season alot of guys want LOTS of games released.just f**king release all the games for 1 f**king season and see how it goes for fucks sake!.........and who is this ice guy! 1st hes a moderator and now hes helping run gdl ! watch out metz pretty soon hes going to be running your leagues for you lol ....damn the guys like the nhl94 hitler !..................but i bet NO EXTRA GAMES WILL BE RELEASED and draft lg runs into february and i go out in 1st rd and then the whole f**king drama seen starts over again.

Edited by hokkeefan